My "Jeff Scott Soto" experience this week-end...

Kai-Guy

May 8, 2003
Colorado
Visit site
Jeff and his newest outing "Soul SirkUS" with Neil Schon, Marco Mendoza and drum god Virgil Donati were in Boulder, CO. last night--about 40 minutes from my house and needless to say --they tore it up!!! I know we have some melodic rock fans here and if you haven't checked this cd out yet--give it a listen--very cool stuff! They also played "Stand Up" from that not so good movie--- but the song kicks. So, if you like any of Jeff's stuff or Neal you will probably like Soul SirkUS.

Now for the fun stuff--as many of you may or may not know Jeff lived in northern Colorado for a few years back in the early 80's--and proceded to make some great friends which he still stays in contact with to this day.
I'm lucky enough to know some of these people also.

Soooo, to make a long story short--he came up on Friday night to one of the local 'watering holes' and hung out all night with us---he got up and sang with the band for about 5 songs (a couple Van Halen's, he sang 'Superstition' and 'Play that Funky Music') and sang like he was doing his own show!!! It was awesome!!

After that I was able to hang with him for a while and we threw a couple back and had a great time. He is a very cool guy and he makes you feel like your just hangin' with one of the fellas---no "I'm a Rock God" type of stuff!! He even called me Sunday morning and apolgized for not having lunch with us on Saturday!!! My wife was great--she's like---"It's Jeff Scott Soto on our phone"!!! We also hooked up with him before the show on Sunday had a couple of drinks and he was nice enough to put us on the guest list. Very cool shit!!

So, as you can tell we had a great week-end!! Stuff like that always reminds me of our Prog/Power week-ends. Sorry if I went on a bit---but I had to tell someone and alot of people on this forum know what this kind of experience is like---and if you get a chance go and see 'Soul SirkUS'!!!

The show at Allentown, PA was one of the top 3 club shows I've ever seen. To hear JSS go into Journey's "Send Her My Love" was just awesome. Everyone put on a stellar show and it'd be a shame to miss this one if it's anywhere near you!

Very cool. Only wish their tour would bring them down to Florida. JSS is a stellar vocalist and very versatile. Marko Mendoza must be really digging this band to opt to not be a part of the up coming Whitesnake tour.

The Soul Sirkus album is very cool...kinda what I was hoping the 2nd Hardline album was going to be like...

Rock on!

I'm upset for missing them when they came to Chicago last week. I had purchased tickets for the Steve Vai concert taking place that same evening months in advance. I was going to try to trade my ticket for one for the next night, as he added another show, just so I could see Soul Sirkus. However, that would mean ditching my friends for the night after getting them to buy tickets for Steve Vai. Now that I'm hearing about their live performance, I'm that much more upset. However, I have to say that seeing the god of all guitarists was worth it.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

I will most definately be checking them out then! it's nearly an AOR all-star line-up. I dig Jeff's voice on pretty much every band he's recorded with. The Hardline comment pretty much sold me on that as well..... I'm going to track their stuff down for sure.

@ Kai-Guy: had no idea you lived in N. Colorado! cool to know someone else here in a neighbooring state. :D

\m/
Dustin

Hey Dustin, I'm not sure if you remember me or not---but we have talked a few times at the last couple of PP's--and I'm pretty sure that you and I along with a good hand full of others are 'it' in our area for prog/power fans!!! Oh well, it's kinda fun being the 'underdog' ain't it?

I live in Greeley, CO.---about six hours from Salt Lake.

Love that song in your 'Now Playing' box!!!!!!!!!! Take care man--and we'll see ya in Atlanta!

woosta said:
The show at Allentown, PA was one of the top 3 club shows I've ever seen. To hear JSS go into Journey's "Send Her My Love" was just awesome. Everyone put on a stellar show and it'd be a shame to miss this one if it's anywhere near you!

I just picked up this cd for all the reasons mentioned, however I also bought Lost in the Translation, the JSS solo project that also featured Neil Schon. I actually liked it better but they're both great. :headbang: :headbang: