Jeff Scott Soto....

JosephAcevedo

Jul 31, 2005
Las Vegas
www.myspace.com
Any fans ? i think he is one of the best vocalist in heavy metal ever! For those of you not familiar with him. He has worked for such artists as Yngwie Malmsteen, Runi, Axel Rudi Pell, Talisman, Kryst the Conqueror, Takara, and currently Soul Sirkus and his solo band. Truly amazing singer! I just think he doesn't enough credit for his work! He in my opinion is up there with Dio, Dickinson, Kotipelto, Lion, Scheepers, Halford, Russel Allen, ect.... I would like to see JSS perform at progpower someday performing songs from all the artists he's worked with plus his own solo stuff.

I saw the debut show for Soul Sirkus and let me tell you, he was fucking amazing. Now I expected a lot going in because of his history in terms of sound, but I had no idea he had such command of the stage too. The soul sirkus show was hands down one of the best shows I've ever seen and it was largely due to JSS. ANyone who doesn't know him is really missing out.

I agree totally!

I've pushing for Joe Lynn Turner, another Malmsteen vocalist, to be a guest or a performer for PP someday.

I'd like to see some of these veterans come to the fest in one form or the other!

Maybe they ask for too much money. :-(

Awesome to see a thread on Jeff Scott Soto here and I have to say he is my favorite vocalist of all time. I own everything the guy has ever done that has been released officially and then some. I saw him for the first time a few months ago with Soul Sirkus and what an awesome show, what a frontman with a commanding presence. That show was filmed for a DVD release and I can't wait for that to come out. I am driving 8 hours to see him perform a solo show on August 13th in southern California. A friend of mine in LA is good friends with his guitarist Howie Simon and they are going to make my dream come true of getting to meet Jeff and hang out with him that weekend. Man, I can't wait for the 13th to arrive.

P.S. Check out www.dynastymetalmusic.com, I have got many JSS titles from them and more.

JSS is totally the man!!!! The down side for me is I have not seen him live since 1987 when he and Yngwie opened for Iron Maiden.

That live at the gods dvd rules!!!!! I too am pushing to get him on progpower myself. I seen Soto perform with Soul Sirkus and I too was truly amazed! That was my first time seeing him ever. I would like to see his solo band peform songs from all the artists he has worked with. If any 2 cd's that are my fav from him it would be Yngwie's "Marching out" and Axel Rudi Pell's "Magic" .

Hey Glen how about JSS for progpower?

Yessssss I love Soto..his dvd for the Queen fan club is some kickass stuff, & he's still my favorite of Yngwie's many singers..

I would love to see Jeff Scott Soto! Unfortunately, the one chance I ever had to see him (which would have been with Soul Sirkus) was on the same night for which I had a ticket to see Steve Vai. What sucks even more is that the Soul Sirkus show was announced shortly after a second show was added for Steve Vai and that I had already bought my ticket for the first night. There just seems to be a handful of artists that I'll never get to see live. On a final note, I didn't think anyone else had even heard of Kryst The Conqueror! That's quite the rare classic! Who would have known that Doyle Von Frankenstein and Jerry Only had it in them?

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

Hopefully Pink Cream 69's owning of Earthlink during their set will tempt Glenn to make hard rock bands as traditional as the oddball bands. And Jeff Scott Soto solo or Soul Sirkus would be a nice addition to any Progpower.

Met-Al said:
I would love to see Jeff Scott Soto! Unfortunately, the one chance I ever had to see him (which would have been with Soul Sirkus) was on the same night for which I had a ticket to see Steve Vai. What sucks even more is that the Soul Sirkus show was announced shortly after a second show was added for Steve Vai and that I had already bought my ticket for the first night. There just seems to be a handful of artists that I'll never get to see live. On a final note, I didn't think anyone else had even heard of Kryst The Conqueror! That's quite the rare classic! Who would have known that Doyle Von Frankenstein and Jerry Only had it in them?

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

Kryst the Conqueror is indeed quite a rare classic! another great band that JSS has done. I myself never would have imagined that Jerry Only and Doyle could have ever done an album like that. Especially with Soto. In fact when I bought this rare classic from Ebay (paying nearly a good $38 for it but worth it!) I was all the more suprised that those 3 could get together and make this album happen.

Has anybody heard Kuni's "Looking for action" album featuring JSS? I think it one of the best 80's albums ever abd very under rated.

I also wonder if Glen has yet to read this thread about JSS?

The Kuni Cd is absolutely awesome, a must own for any Jeff Scott Soto fans and fans of killer 80 hard rock/metal. Unfortunately it is very hard to find an original copy as it was only released in Japan officially and I believe bootlegged in Europe. JSS RULES!!

Glenn, please bring Jeff Scott Soto to Progpower next year, you will get one hell of a show.

P.S. I do have the Kryst the Conqueror CD and everything Jeff has done.

JosephAcevedo said:
Kryst the Conqueror is indeed quite a rare classic! another great band that JSS has done. I myself never would have imagined that Jerry Only and Doyle could have ever done an album like that. Especially with Soto. In fact when I bought this rare classic from Ebay (paying nearly a good $38 for it but worth it!) I was all the more suprised that those 3 could get together and make this album happen.

Has anybody heard Kuni's "Looking for action" album featuring JSS? I think it one of the best 80's albums ever abd very under rated.

I also wonder if Glen has yet to read this thread about JSS?

Soto is definitely a guy worthy of respect. Though he never quite reached notoriety of a DIo or Halford, in the vocalist/musician community he is certainly well respected and I can't think of a more well traveled vocalist. He has had his hand.... err... voice in sooo many bands and projects, it's simply amazing. It would cost a small fortune to buy everything he has put his vocals on.

Bryant