My LAMB OF GOD Tribute - Tone Test

Thanks for your reply :)

I'm actually using a stereo spread plugin (FLUX Stereo tool), like, +1Db Wide.
The guitars are Double tracked with some slight eQ differences to mix together.(LEFT and RIGH).
I dont know why you say that the tracks is in mono. I've spread them a lot (way more than the original LoG track) -63 and +63 on logic. I do even use a bit of chorus on my rhythm guitar (about 10% mix) to sound more open.

I've recorded with my Jackson Soloist 7 strings with Seymour Duncan Blackouts and AXE-FX Ultra straight to my Macbook pro input. (no audio interface :/).
Drums are from SD20.
Everything on LOGIC Pro 9. I'm new to it, and this is actually my first project using it.

The rest is just my ear EQ'ing and taste.

Just mind that there's NO BASS guitar on the track.
Just guitar and Drums.

Cheers!

If you have double tracked guitars, why would you need even more stereo spread?
Don't use eyes but ears. When guitars play on its own they are panned hard left or right, but when they play together = MONO!

Thanks for the tip.
I've JUST reuploaded the song.

Whats new:

- My FLUX Stereo Tool plugin width wave was increased
- A STEREO SPREAD plugin was added
- I've re-eq'd the whole track.
- A Multipress compressor was added

Please let me know what you think!

Habsburgs, I'm open to constructive criticism but not to offenses, so go F**K YOURSELF, YOU SC*MBAG PIECE OF SH*T. :)

Around 1 minute, it sounds like its clipping when the 1 guitar is going solo. Pretty annoying.
Other then that it sounds great, but like others mentioned it sounds like the guitars are mono.
Could also use some more punch, but i guess it will come with the bass. Good job overall!

Thnks mate. I'll check that out.

The guitars are double tracked and panned with slight eq differences, and I've also used two stereo plugins on them, apple STEREO SPREAD, and FLUX Stereo tool.
Just the solos are more centered, like the original song.

I've pretty much made a high fidelity copy of the original one in therms of panning, using some plugins to match the tracks.

Habsburgs, I'm open to constructive criticism but not to offenses, so go F**K YOURSELF, YOU SC*MBAG PIECE OF SH*T. :)

Im joking, thats just a joke, we like to have fun here. I was just all like "mono/moron" to be like a joke, we have fun.

Btw, that FLAUX COMP MULTIPRESS EQ STEREO SPREAD worked like a charm.. everything sounds massive and hifi!!

Have I given you my head shot?