My latest mix, Metalcore

Sounds pretty good. I like the kick. I think the snare could be replaced, and could use some reverb. Guitars need to be a tad louder. On the clean vocals it sounds like the double is not tight enough. Otherwise it sounds good.

Very nice. Guitars a little louder , snare needs more smack - it sounds very boxy. I would comp the Clean Vox harder so they are more consistent.
Like it!!

I suppose you guys are right about the snare, it is sampled replaced a bit, but the original snare was boxy as shit, I'll add more reverb next time (the band already have this as the final mix)

Also guitars do need to come up, its been annoying me since we made everything final. Oh well, more to learn next time.

Joe

Wow!!! very, very good drumsound. My compliments! How did you make the kickdrum and the snare?! :) Also good mix. I don´t like the vocals, but that´s a matter of taste! Nevertheless good recording job, dude.

Thanks felix :)

Bass drum was black neon bob's bass drum (cheers if you read this) mixed 90%, and 10% natural kick sound. Snare was a pearl export standard snare, mixed 50/50 with the snare at the begining of nevermore's born.

Thanks everyone for the compliments and advice, it means a massive amount to me :)

Joe

Thanks felix :)

Bass drum was black neon bob's bass drum (cheers if you read this) mixed 90%, and 10% natural kick sound. Snare was a pearl export standard snare, mixed 50/50 with the snare at the begining of nevermore's born.

Thanks everyone for the compliments and advice, it means a massive amount to me :)

Joe

You´re welcome man :) Thanks for the info! And a virtual beer goes to black neon bob, for this great kick.

I´m also working with a Pearl Export drumset. Ususally I replace kick and snare drum, but I mix it with the original sound, too. The problem with ghost notes does not exist, if I work with overheads loud enough and mixing real recordings to the replaced elements.

Again, my honest respect, dude!

I like a lot of snare in my overheads, I assume you are the same, it makes everything a bit more real sounding, which I like with snare (not so much kick). Ghost notes always piss me off, I can never get the feel right when I'm triggering snares :(

Again, thanks for the kind word :kickass:

Joe

Definately sounds nice to me, great job!
Yeah some reverb on the snare although it sounds quite powerful to me so I don't really 'miss' it alot.