My Latest Purchases Thread Mk. III

Alright, this is it. I'm done buying shit again! AAAARRRGHGHGHGGHGGGHHHH. At least I got them for cheap.

Hammers of Misfortune - The Bastard (digipack) (only $11.88 + s/h)
hom-thebastard.jpg

Destillery - Behind the Mask (only $7.88, I love this band too)
DESTILLERY_Behind_The_Mask.jpg

Destroyer 666 - Phoenix Rising (only $7 incl. s/h from eBay, score!)
Destroyer-666-%28Phoenix%29.jpg

Dick Sirloin said:
GOOD stuff. More people here should listen to them, people who enjoy stuff like older Katatonia (Erikcoughcough).

Yes, the pity about every Yearning album is that they're half-awesome and half-gay. Too many fillers for more recognition.

Ellestin said:
Yes, the pity about every Yearning album is that they're half-awesome and half-gay. Too many fillers for more recognition.

You're sorta right, but you have to admit that Frore Meadow is their most consistent.

On The Bastard: I guess my ears are broken or I'm gay (a distinct possibility), but I've had The Bastard since summer 2004 and I'm still not enamoured with it. Sure it's solid, but it doesn't really do all that much to interest me. I actually think Ludicra is the more interesting Cobbett project (although The August Engine is a bit better than Another Great Love Song).

Negatives on Hammers and Aeternus... I'm pretty sure KYJelly hates me now... :lol:

Dick Sirloin said:
You're sorta right, but you have to admit that Frore Meadow is their most consistent.

I'm not sure, I'd have said the debut actually, but "Frore Meadows" has a handful of really essential shoegazing hymns.

Anyway none of their songs beats "Remnants of the Only Delight", one of the most beautiful pieces ever laid down.

Finally decided to spend the rest of my money left over from x-mas...

isole_forevermore_b.jpg

ISOLE - Forevermore

UMBRA_NIHIL_Gnoia.jpg

UMBRA NIHIL - Gnoia

NOEKK_The_Water_Sprite_Cover.jpg

NOEKK - The Water Sprite

327986.jpg

AGALLOCH - Pale Folklore (2LP)

CD-thesword-021706.jpg

THE SWORD - Age of Winters

39444690_m.jpg

DEAD MEADOW - Feathers