My Latest Purchases Thread Mk. III

Erik said:
bands don't play shows
bands don't have myspace
there are no emocunts
if someone hardcore dances at show maybe they will see how fun it is to dance with knife in their face
there is no FUN, no PARTY, no "MUSIC SCENE", only COLDVOID and TOTAL NEGATIVITY

fuck you
haha yeah, you know we sure love our emo here in america *puts on bright eyes, drives land rover through wal-mart*

black metal posturing >>> power metal posturing :lol:

although yeah, myspace is gay if you're a serious artist. as for having a music scene, well you got me there, damn it sucks to have other bands you know and like to play with :rolleyes: .....actually wait, what am i talking about, there is NO metal scene here. my dick is tr00er than yours.

waiting for me when I got home today:

Laibach - Neu Konservatiw
Nurse With Wound - She And Me Fall Together In Free Death
Of The Wand & The Moon - Midnight Will
Aleister Crowley - The Enochian Sessions
V/A - Scontrum Act III
V/A - Scontrum Act V

the overdub looping feature is really fucking cool... can make nicely layered improv stuff. it instantly reminded me of Boris' "Flood"... particularly the clean electric part near the beginning.

Yay, sale @ a local garage sale -- 5 LP BOX x 6!

Schubert
Dvorak/Smetana
Bruckner/Mahler
Chopin/Liszt
Bach
Tschaikowsky

All for a measly 75 swedish kronor (that's 10 jewish dollars my friends :kickass: )

So I get home yesterday to find a registered mail slip in my mailbox, and to pick it up at the post office. I go to the post office today and pick up my registered package from Russia and wonder wtf CD it can be because I am not expecting anything, especially from Russia. Open it up and lo' and behold,

B0009JDBO4.02._OU02_PIuk-r-fp-1099,BottomRight,10,10_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Hayseed Dixie have carved themselves a unique niche in music, playing bluegrass covers of classic rock tunes. Having branched out from the music of AC/DC, from whom they took their initial inspiration (as well as their name), A Hot Piece of Grass finds the hillbilly quartet "reinterpreting" songs by Black Sabbath ("War Pigs"), Led Zeppelin ("Black Dog" and "Whole Lotta Love") and Van Halen ("Runnin’ With the Devil"). Then, to show that they have at least a basic awareness of contemporary music, even in the Tennesse backwoods, they also cover songs by Green Day ("Holiday"), Franz Ferdinand ("This Fire") and even Outkast ("Roses"). But then, as if to prove that they’re not just the twisted redneck cousins of Weird Al, they even manage to fit in a few original songs, mostly played for laughs. The one noteworthy exception is the excellent "Kirby Hill", a darkly playful country anthem that is itself worthy of being covered by other musicians. Irony aside, A Hot Piece of Grass is a showcase for some fine bluegrass music (and album closer "Dueling Banjos" more than proves their abilities). Hayseed Dixie may be about drinking and having fun, but these boys can really play. --Robert Burrow

WTF :zombie:

JayK's DM thread inspired this haul today:

Morbid Angel - Domination $9.99
Morbid Angel - Covenant $9.99
Morbid Angel - Blessed are the SIck $12.99

and this arrived today from Relapse: Groteque - In the Embrace of Evil (not the split P.O.S.)

also got that Terrorizer doom special

Alastor - "Infernal Lord"
Death Beast - "The Wakening"
Faustcoven - "Halo of Burning Wings"

Alternates:
Hail - "Inheritance of Evilness"
Sithlord - "The Return to Godless Times"

Doomcifer said:
So I get home yesterday to find a registered mail slip in my mailbox, and to pick it up at the post office. I go to the post office today and pick up my registered package from Russia and wonder wtf CD it can be because I am not expecting anything, especially from Russia. Open it up and lo' and behold,

B0009JDBO4.02._OU02_PIuk-r-fp-1099,BottomRight,10,10_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Hayseed Dixie have carved themselves a unique niche in music, playing bluegrass covers of classic rock tunes. Having branched out from the music of AC/DC, from whom they took their initial inspiration (as well as their name), A Hot Piece of Grass finds the hillbilly quartet "reinterpreting" songs by Black Sabbath ("War Pigs"), Led Zeppelin ("Black Dog" and "Whole Lotta Love") and Van Halen ("Runnin’ With the Devil"). Then, to show that they have at least a basic awareness of contemporary music, even in the Tennesse backwoods, they also cover songs by Green Day ("Holiday"), Franz Ferdinand ("This Fire") and even Outkast ("Roses"). But then, as if to prove that they’re not just the twisted redneck cousins of Weird Al, they even manage to fit in a few original songs, mostly played for laughs. The one noteworthy exception is the excellent "Kirby Hill", a darkly playful country anthem that is itself worthy of being covered by other musicians. Irony aside, A Hot Piece of Grass is a showcase for some fine bluegrass music (and album closer "Dueling Banjos" more than proves their abilities). Hayseed Dixie may be about drinking and having fun, but these boys can really play. --Robert Burrow

WTF :zombie:

these guys were on bob and tom like 6 or 7 years ago. played some cool banjo ac dc songs.