My Latest Purchases Thread Mk. III

This summer I picked up Badmotorfinger. It's like all I have an urge to listen to is stuff I "came of age" with...or whatever.

dorian gray said:
Have you opened that scotch yet?

Aye, I treated myself to a glass and Ashes Against the Grain last evening and it was very niec experience, for the ears and taste buds alike. I did however add a splash of water, which some apparently consider unmanly and bad in general, after this old whisky connoisseur who sold me the bottle had said I ought to. I've never actually tried adding water before, but it really did "open it up", and brought out more flavours and made it noticably more tasty and interesting.

*lip smacking noise*
My medical director and I were discussing whisky yesterday and he said something about Longmorn. Ever heard of it? He said it was pretty tasty. I've never had any single malt shit, just bourbon. It pains me to spend more than $20 on alcohol but I might get something nice in the near future.

I think I'm going to buy Hysteria by Def Leppard... I've been going around lately with songs from it in my head ("Rocket", "Animal", "Gods of War")

dorian gray said:
*lip smacking noise*
My medical director and I were discussing whisky yesterday and he said something about Longmorn. Ever heard of it? He said it was pretty tasty. I've never had any single malt shit, just bourbon. It pains me to spend more than $20 on alcohol but I might get something nice in the near future.

I'm very new to whisky and only started to apprecitate it some year ago, so I'm rather clueless when it comes to good/bad brands I'm afraid. The bottle I got just now was the first single malt I've ever tasted and it was way better then the blended ones I've tried; Johnny Walker, Famous Grouse and Jack Daniels. The latter being quite shitty btw -- has it got anything to offer but the "rock n roll image" its managed to create?
Anyway it is quite expensive, but since it lasts so long and the purchases are far between, I think it's worth it. I paid ~50$ for that bottle, and that was in the airport's tax free shop :D

Erik said:
only that it's supposedly easier to drink straight than many other brands so if you're planning to get shitfaced maybe it has its place

I guess, but then it's kind of pathetic to spend so much money on getting shit faced in a rock n roll manner, instead of just guzzling Jelzin vodka :|

Jack Daniels is quite delicious. I don't know what you fellas are talking about. Plus I'm supporting the local economy...kinda.