My Latest Purchases Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opeth17 said:
Mordaehoth-Liederen Van Het Onterfde Land

All tapes, because tapes rule.
awesome haul. where'd you get this one?

Red Stream has Mordaehoth's "Balder" on cassette for $5. Limited to 300

That haul was from THR. The Mordaehoth tape I got was limited to 355, Watain to 666 and Weakling to 300. I feel special. :loco:

I also ordered the "Balder" cassette last night with a few other things so it should be here in a few days.

I got Kaosritual, Matricide, Domini Inferi, and Klage demos in the mail today. Kaosritual is just as I expected (good), I didn't pay much attention on the first listen to Matricide, Domini Inferi is fucking annoying as hell, and Klage is good.

Anyway, just ordered:
Friedrich Nietzsche - Thus Spake Zarathustra (better edition than what I have)
Robert Cook - Njal's Saga
Hermann Palsson - Orkneyinga Saga
Jesse L. Byock - The Saga of the Volsungs
Snorri Sturluson - The Poetic Edda (better edition than what I have)

tapes are probably the cheapest to make. I don't mind tapes, though I prefer CDs.

The Mordaehoth is only available on tape.

J. said:
The Mordaehoth is only available on tape.

As is the Watain I think.

I like to buy anything that isn't a full-length album on tape. Stuff like demos, compilations, live stuff. It saves about 8 or 9 dollars and I still get to hear the material.

The Weakling album was something I'd assumed I'd want to listen to in one sitting instead of skipping around, so I figured it was smarter to save the money and get it on tape. Plus the tape version was limited to 300 copies while the cd version is not, which definitely gives it a special feel.

Anyway, tapes just fucking rule, they cost less and provide the same music. I'll always buy full-length releases on CD though for the convenience.

Also, I wouldn't want to listen to stuff like Type O Negative on tape or anything though, it works a lot better with black metal because the music usually works together much better from song to song. Tapes+Black Metal=teh rule.

Megadeth - Killing Is My Business...And Business Is Good!, Peace Sells...But Who's Buying?, The System Has Failed
PowerQuest - Neverworld

The dude two places in front of me in the queue at HMV was buying the new Megadeth too :saint:

From the store:

Tusk - Tree of No Return
Bohren & Der Club of Gore - Black Earth
Cattle Press - Hordes To Abolish The Divine
Kiss It Goodbye - She Loves Me, She Loves Me Not (I laughed my ass off when I saw the cover = J. avatar)
The Meads of Asphodel - Exhuming The Grave of Yeshua

:headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.