My mixes suck

Pontusladd

New Metal Member
Nov 30, 2009
I need some serious advice on my mix. I dont know if it is the guitars that are lame or the drums, maybe just everything..
There is just no punch to it and its very fizzy, turn up the volume and your ears will start bleeding haha. Im trying to get a bright mix like for example " Circle of contempt " but it isnt going any good obviously haha

Anyways, any help/advice is really appreciated!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=1020367&songID=9575889

It has potential. I think either the guitars are too loud or the drums are too soft. Depending on where your levels are currently sitting on the master buss, my advice would be to get the drums and guitars to meet somewhere in the middle as it's generally better to lower rather than keep boosting volume of something. As for the harshness, do you have some sort of EQ or exciter on the master buss? If so, either turn it off or back off the high frequencies. If there is nothing on the master buss then re-eq the guitars. It's a cool idea though, the mix just needs some work.

The song itself has a ton of potential. However on the mixing end I would totally start from scratch.

Are you mixing on monitors or just regular speakers? And what are you using to record.

sorry for the late reply , im on a short tour so havent really had the time to answer.

yeah i got both an exciter and an eq, that might be the problem as you say haha. im gonna play around and post an update! thanks for the advice
I use regular speaker , im gonna by monitors this month i think, its a nightmare trying to hear anything in theese!. im recording through a line6 ux1 :)