lend me your ears

Hi buddy:

Comparing with other mixes from here in my shitty computer speakers I heard too much the drums, sometimes the guitars are lost, and I hear the toms and cymbals too high also and cannot understand clearly the brutality riffs of the guitars.

I cannot see effects in the drums but maybe this is a matter of personnel taste.

It´s only the opinion of a total newbie and normal listener

actually i mixed to what i thought sounded like what the band wanted to hear lol but ill check that cd out now lol.

and yeah i was thinking that the drums were still a little too loud in the mix im gonna back the overheads off a little and pull the toms back down a smige. thanks for the input.

anyone else hear something else?

the mix has this raw quality like guitars containing too much treble and snare and toms being too much, well, raw.:D However I'm guessing this is a personal choice. I would make the guitar more bassy, it sounds to me like you're using zoom 505 on the guitars, snare could use some more punch, but then again if you're happy with the mix then who am i to judge.

so wider on the toms and take off the highshelf on the guitars. thanks guys. by the way anyone wanna take a guess as to wat amps/cab i used on the guitars?