My new baby came home to meet her sister today.

RouxBodine

Morning Person
Dec 10, 2005
Humboldt County, California
That's the new one on the right.

d308c794.jpg

On a side note, anyone else notice that when you are doing something especially stupid, like say cutting a box open towards yourself with a very sharp knife, your brain will say "Hey, that's stupid. Don't do it."? Then time appears to slow to a crawl as the knife slips off the box heading right for an unprotected body part. Pain and bleeding ensue, then you say to yourself "Yep, I saw that coming a mile away."

Anyone, or is that just me?

Ow, my thumb.

:cry:

Rendclaw said:
::chuckles:: Life is the ultimate teacher, Roux...

Nice bass though... are those real f-holes?

Yep, legit F-hole. Thats the main reason I wanted it.

HEY WHAT KIND OF PICK UP IS THAT ONE ON THE SISTER? LOOKS WEIRD.

That is the original style pickup for the model year. It looks weird because I, unlike the majority of Ric players, don't remove the pickup cover. Thats where I rest the heel of my palm when I play.

Congrats on the new arrival Roux!
What do you think so far?

"Yep, I saw that coming a mile away."

The next thought is, "I'm such a dumbass!"

Live and learn man.

Jim

So far, it's weird trying to find a new hand position since there is no pickup cover to rest on. Otherwise, it's awesome!

And oddly enough, the lack of 1/8th inch at the nut is not as noticeable as the extra 1/4 inch is at the body. I really like the wider high portion, even though I rarely play anything there.

I'm begining to think that there are more bassists here on this forum than on other UM forums. :D Roux, I like your basses, especially the Rickenbacker! :headbang:

Unca Kev said:
I'm begining to think that there are more bassists here on this forum than on other UM forums. :D Roux, I like your basses, especially the Rickenbacker! :headbang:

Thanks bud! Blondie has been with me for a long time, and she will always be my favorite.

I'm begining to think that there are more bassists here on this forum than on other UM forums.

Well duh! Steve Harris is one of the greatest influences on bass playing rockers.
We have the ever talented Wanda here who nails those lines.:worship:

Jim

spideyjg said:
Well duh! Steve Harris is one of the greatest influences on bass playing rockers.
We have the ever talented Wanda here who nails those lines.:worship:

Jim

RIGHT!!!
WANDA IS BEAUTIFUL, SKILLFUL AND METALHEAD.
WHAT ELSE CAN ANYBODY ASK FOR???
DYOU KNOW IF SHE'S REPLYING IN THIS FORUM???
I ♥♥♥♥♥♥ WANDA.:oops:

Every play it with a Pick like Geddy Lee has done during a song or two?

Do you hear a difference in tonal quality?

Whenever I get a new guitar it takes a couple weeks to build up mojo you know; slicken up the finger board with oils, string ease, baby powder and all ground in to make the string bending smoother without the friction, and then smoother polished up frets from the string usage. Then of course learning how to play with the tones and sustain levels that come out of it, and getting the feel for what makes it sing with its best voice.

My solid Mapel body seemed weird at first, but I like it best because it sustains and sings better then the Alder body, besides after tweeking it, I got just enough resistance with and caps to keep it from being too bright, but not muddy either.

I have no doubt the more you play it the more mojo it will have, and the more you will come to appreciate it.

Every play it with a Pick like Geddy Lee has done during a song or two?

I don't recall Geddy ever using a pick. He will use his nails to get a pick like effect on occasion.

RIGHT!!!
WANDA IS BEAUTIFUL, SKILLFUL AND METALHEAD. WHAT ELSE CAN ANYBODY ASK FOR???
DYOU KNOW IF SHE'S REPLYING IN THIS FORUM???
I ♥♥♥♥♥♥ WANDA.

Dude, get a bigger hammer and hit the fuggin caps lock key for crissakes.

Wanda does post on occasion but we hear more often from Aja, Sara, and Linda.

While Wanda, like all the Maidens, is a beautiful lady check out her musical credentials. She also plays upright bass in a symphony! :worship:
I have spoken to her quite a bit and she is a dedicated bass player and a damn, damn good one. If you do not play bass you can't understand the difficulty of some Maiden tunes. When I saw her nail the solo bit of Phantom of the Opera to a T I was :OMG: That is some bad ass, top tier right hand work. :headbang: Bass teachers are impressed buy her skill.
I'm not worthy to carry her cord but I see her after a show and she will talk bass stuff with me. At the Galaxy we were discussing the intro to Killers.

All the Maidens are some of the nicest folks you will ever meet and I feel honored and privledged to have them recognize me after a show. :wave:

Jim

spideyjg said:
I don't recall Geddy ever using a pick. He will use his nails to get a pick like effect on occasion.

I don't know one time I was pretty close to the stage and I watched him solo on that thing like it was a lead guitar; it just blew me away. I'm not sure if he was taking liberties or if it was on one of the studio versions some song; I believe it was not on the album.

RouxBodine said:
I only play with a pick. The Clayton Eagle that I have as my avatar is my plectrum of choice.

Oh I see, I knew this guy that had calluses on all of his fingers from finger picking the Bass.

That UFO that I have in my avatar is my favorite, because I saw one just like it over my house in 1979.

spideyjg said:

Dude, get a bigger hammer and hit the fuggin caps lock key for crissakes.

Wanda does post on occasion but we hear more often from Aja, Sara, and Linda.

While Wanda, like all the Maidens, is a beautiful lady check out her musical credentials. She also plays upright bass in a symphony! :worship:
I have spoken to her quite a bit and she is a dedicated bass player and a damn, damn good one. If you do not play bass you can't understand the difficulty of some Maiden tunes. When I saw her nail the solo bit of Phantom of the Opera to a T I was :OMG: That is some bad ass, top tier right hand work. :headbang: Bass teachers are impressed buy her skill.
I'm not worthy to carry her cord but I see her after a show and she will talk bass stuff with me. At the Galaxy we were discussing the intro to Killers.

All the Maidens are some of the nicest folks you will ever meet and I feel honored and privledged to have them recognize me after a show. :wave:

Jim

Hey Im sorry, i didn't know that writing on capital letters would be something bad or unkind:confused: anyway i didn't mean to ofend you.
but as i told you, i'm just visiting and i'm so use to write everything with the caps on.

well in the other hand, what a lucky guy you are for knowing the girls.
i certainly don't know anything about bass tecnique, but it's easy to see that wanda got a terrific way to play.:worship: that's why i think she's awesome because besides being beautiful, she's the best bassist i've ever seen.

I can't tell that i spoke with her but i was very exited when she looked at me and gave me an smile that made my day bright.♥♥♥♥♥

Hey Im sorry, i didn't know that writing on capital letters would be something bad or unkind anyway i didn't mean to ofend you.

Like I said in another thread it is web manners to not use caps. Just a friendly tip.

well in the other hand, what a lucky guy you are for knowing the girls.
i certainly don't know anything about bass tecnique, but it's easy to see that wanda got a terrific way to play. that's why i think she's awesome because besides being beautiful, she's the best bassist i've ever seen.

I can't say Wanda is the best I've seen because I have seen Geddy Lee, John Entwistle and other phenomenal players. But Like Geddy and John, Wanda will be playing bad ass difficult runs and you don't see any strain at all. She makes it look effortless! :worship: :worship: I know it is not effortless but her skill level and talent are way, way up there.

Jim