My new drum kit!

Aug 19, 2003
Cincinnati
www.geocities.com
I just got a Tama Rockstar 5 piece Deep Forest Green shell pack. I also purchased PAcific 600 series double pedals, they are very fast. If anyone wants to see what the color scheme looks like i'll post the link in this thread later. I bought it from Sam Ash, an awesome store for cheap drums, and otherwise I think the kit rules. I am ordering Remo Powerstroke 3 drumheads for my Bass and Snare them Ebony Pinstripes for my toms. I got a Gibralter Impact pad and A lot of Sam Ash Custon sticks made by Vater. Other than that I still need to go out and get some cumbals...

Right on. My brother e-mailed a picture of a similar set but it was dark red with the double bass set up and he was like damn kids get in the way of an awesome drum set. That's a cool set, rip it up!! \nn/

The heads are made by Evans and they are very durable. I play as hard as hell, which is why i'm getting pinstripe heads. I am hpoing to get those Iron Cobra pedals soon. Or I might go ahead and get my bass to become a double bass comapred to just double pedal...

Pick up the other bass drum. They are not much more money than the double pedals and look much more METAL.

I've had the same Yamaha set since I started playing at age 16. I am now 34. If you take care of them they can last you forever. Although every time I see someone else's set or go into a store I start crunching numbers to see if I can afford a new one.

Let me know when you get that footwork down on "Nobody Knows Anything" !!!!

Nice kit, ENJOY and beat the shit out of it !

If you upgrade to double-bass, with two bass drums, always, always keep your double-pedal just in case. Don't sell it. If you ever plan on recording yourself, or playing a gig at a small-sized club....just always remember, it's easier to mic one bass drum than it is to mic two. microphones are expensive and not everyone usually has 2 bass drum mics.

refuse2Bdenied said:
I have my favorite pair of Lars Ulrich custom Ahead sticks!
I got those for my man a couple years ago! He uses them every once in a while...he's doesn't want to break them. The only thing he doesn't like, though, about the custom sticks is the way they're weighted I guess.

You started a trend, my brother's picking up a new/used set this weekend. Damn I'm stoked. That means I have to dust off my vocal chords, LOL!!!