My new drum recording/cover of KSE - My Curse

Chris Lucas

I DON'T BELIEVE IN MAGIC
Dec 4, 2006
www.chrislucasproductions.com

All of it is real except the kick.
Tell me if you like the mix, some parts (playing) aren't perfect, as I'm trying to do it all in one take for the sake of time and video editing.

I feel like I have a ways to go but I like the snare at least lol.

Youtube quality is less than amazing so here's the WAV of a slightly better bounce, toms should be less bad:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22446811/My Curse Sneap1.wav

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh wow I'm an idiot. So my question is, since I did it with rock band stems and have literally taken out the original drums, how do they run an algorithm that knows it's the original?!?!

Edit: It has views now and I disputed the copyright under fair use so I think people can watch it now, plus it doesn't say it's blocked anymore. Can anyone confirm?

Nice cover, man. I think the snare actually sounded pretty good, atleast to me. I also enjoyed your Livin' On A Prayer video too, fantastic drumwork! :p

Nice cover, man. I think the snare actually sounded pretty good, atleast to me. I also enjoyed your Livin' On A Prayer video too, fantastic drumwork! :p

Ty! Yeah I really like how the snare ended up. Black beauty ftw!

Btw if anyone has any tracks they want real drums to that aren't INSANELY tough to learn I'd love more stuff to play to!

I know a lot of people rely on midi drums since drums are a pain in the ass to record rofl.

Nice work. I think the snare has a little too much attack, but the main tone is killer. It seems like you're doing a lot of ghosts too, in the vid, but they're inaudible, I'd try to bring them out a bit. The toms sound a bit dead?

Yeah I think youtube pwned some of the fidelity, I exported the video as AAC at 320bitrate but it killed the toms.

I agree though I should do that, I'll bounce just the audio so you guys can hear it better.

Edited my original post with a link to a WAV