6. Agalloch "Of Stone, Wind and Pillor"
7. Woods of Ypres "The Sea of Immeasurable Loss"
8. Ulver "Hiertets Vee"
9. Empyrium "Mourners"
10. Negurã Bunget "Vînt Dã Rãu Pîn Valea Iadului"
11. Nokturnal Mortum "Black Moon Overture"
12. Summoning "Where Hope and Daylight Die"
13. Ulver "Naturmystikk"

80 minutes. Today I walked in the forest while listening to the whole thing, it ruled.

I'm an Ulver fanboy and couldn't tell you what albums those songs are from but I know that they rule. :p

Yeah, learn to read old German fraktur script or DIE. I think NAD is just pushing my buttons though since I've whinged about this previously in the forum, see. :p

Dear goat some of you have no sense of humour. :rolleyes:
Erik said:
I think NAD is just pushing my buttons though since I've whinged about this previously in the forum, see. :p
Zing!

Erik said:
6. Agalloch "Of Stone, Wind and Pillor"
If I was to have an Agalloch song on such a compilation, I think it would be Haunting Birds, but that track rules too. Haunting Birds is just such a beautiful song.

Erik said:
9. Empyrium "Mourners"
This is my favourite song ever, nice choice. From about the 6 minute mark, that build up to the that guitar lead at around 7.15 which is just the most awesome thing I've ever heard. I'd have something from Weiland too, probably one of those piano pieces at the end.

But uh, like NAD I can't put most of the other track names to which track they are without checking, but I've definately heard most of them, and they all seem like good choices. And an excellent choice for a theme!

Hm, I wanted a fair balance between metal and non-metal, so for example with Agalloch I happened to choose a metal song while I picked the whole symphonic Nokturnal Mortum thing.

Yeah, the guitar solo thing in Mourners is just THE FUCKING SHIT. The whole thing is the best work Empyrium has ever done, I'm inclined to agree.

Mourners is fucking great, the only Empyrium tracks that I can definitely say I like more would be Ode To Melancholy & Fortgang. My Agalloch selections for a compilation of this purpose would be Hallways of Enchanted Ebony and The Lodge (original of course).

And it's Kveldsfanger, you simpering fools.

Erik said:
Imagine "Hammerheart" meets the first Borknagar album and you've pretty much totally nailed it. "Dawn of the Dying Sun" seems superb judging from the two tracks I've heard, and people like Guardian of Darkness and Dreamlord praise it at every given opportunity. Definitely worth checking out, I'm buying it sooner or later.
The Dawn of the Dying Sun is a magnificent release. I seriously bought it because I thought it'd be some semi-quality viking black metal.

The band may very well be second tier, but they sure as hell reached into the realm of near-masterpieces with this album. Strong all the way through with epic leads, and high-pitched shrieks, and solid production.

None of the band's other material is even near as good, though ...Again Shall Be has some really good songs and is enjoyable, it is just overshadowed by TDotDS easily.

I heard the band's third album, Millenium Nocturne. Don't waste your time or money.

It's as if the band pulled out everything they had for TDotDS, and it worked to near perfection.