My new Gibson

Stun

Doomwatcher
Nov 24, 2001
New Brunswick, Canada
www.angelfire.com
I was just wondering... is the Gibson SG-X any good? Cause I just bought one from my friend for 250 bucks. I didn't even know what type of guitar it was until I searched on the internet. Everyone on sites that I went to said it was excellent, tho... I haven't got my patch cord back from my friend, but once I do I'll test it out today (although it desperately needs new strings). The reason I bought it without trying is cause I am desperate for a guitar... plus I got it for cheap (my friend owed me some money and gave me the guitar instead).

Anyone have experiences with this guitar? Care to tell me what you think of it?

I'll try to post a picture of it if I can, I've only found pictures of it in ebony but my guitar is a 'dark wineburst' color. Here's a picture of it in ebony, has the specs too: http://www.gibson.com/products/gibson/SG/SG-X.html

Sry Stun, but IMO most Gibson necks are to fat for my taste, my stubby fingers don't get around the board to easily. Generally they are very heavy too! But that is individually, I'm sure it will work ok for you though!

SG X is almost the same as an ESP Viper. . .might as well go for the better pickups. . .thus ESP

Well I got it from a friend... I didn't have a selection.

Edit: I looked up the Viper... it has two pick-ups, my guitar only has one. And it doesn't have chrome hardware! :D And don't forget the "wineburst"; very nice finish... :)

What thing with straps and SGs?

I've tried it out now, and I like it a lot... but I have a very shitty Yamaha amp (100$ can)... it just doesn't do it justice. I've already snapped the bottom string, which almost took out my eye (hit my left eyebrow hard and lightly touched my eye). :ill: :headbang:

Stun said:
I've already snapped the bottom string, which almost took out my eye (hit my left eyebrow hard and lightly touched my eye).
maybe its a sign? :p

and as for straps, they have wierd positioned hook on the usuall guitars neckplate place, its coses alot of trouble during playing high notes

my strap buttons are on the ass of the guitar and at the tip of the top "horn"

Tut Ankh Amon said:
if i were a guitar player i'd try to hold my guitar with an erection.....

okay, sorry :D
To do that you would actually need a penis hence you play keyboards (well play is a strong word for what you do to that poor keyboard I remember your post! :ill: ) :lol:

lol not many ppl have said anything related to the guitar except that they don't like Gibsons that much... :Spin:

I just noticed, about the strap buttons... there is a hole where Bodomic said one of the buttons was... one of the previous owners must've thought it got in the way too, cause you can tell it was removed and placed in the usual spot (at the top).

It doesn't matter anyway, I can play just as hard without a strap on. :lol:

That is a nice guitar there! :)

I havn't played on Gibson enough to really give a judgement, however. My whole life has been Fender(at the start), then Ibanez(my first actual owned guitar), and then Jackson. Going for my lefty neck guitar, it might be ESP, but i'll have to try them out. But if it fits, play the hell out of it and have fun I say! :D