my new guitar

MiniMurray said:
Maybe I can get some patience tips from Tap: The Smylex. He's been waiting for MONTHS for his bass.

WHO THE FUCK SAID I WAS BEING PATIENT? I'M ABOUT TO BLOW UP THE CARVIN FACTORY IF THEY DON'T FINISH THIS GODDAMN THING AND HAVE IT IN MY HANDS BY FRIDAY LIKE THEY SAID THEY WOULD!

:yell: :D Ahhh...that felt good.:Spin:

smylex said:
WHO THE FUCK SAID I WAS BEING PATIENT? I'M ABOUT TO BLOW UP THE CARVIN FACTORY IF THEY DON'T FINISH THIS GODDAMN THING AND HAVE IT IN MY HANDS BY FRIDAY LIKE THEY SAID THEY WOULD!

:yell: :D Ahhh...that felt good.:Spin:

If I buy a Carvin guitar, I won't get one built, but I will get a built one. Or just the kit and do it myself. Way cheaper that way.

I am a Guitar/Bass Tech(and a bass player) So if you ever need some one to talk equipment with Sara Just drop me a line.
Childofmaddness on Yahoo Messenger

SciKikMobster said:
Mini... nice guitar! I'm getting a new Tele on Monday, I can't wait!

Do any of you know somebody that you TRUST, that can route Single Coil slot to Humbucker slot, in OC or SouthBay?

Speaking of Carvin... anybody interested in buying a X100 Full-Stack (91 Steve Vai Model)? I'm letting it go for a very reasonable price.

If interested hit me up: psychicmafia@yahoo.com

Lateage!
I can do the route, I just need to buy a new router bit.

what about buying one of those mini humbuckers that fit in a single coil slot? i dont really know anything about them, so im kinda talkin out of my ass here.

MiniBuckers!!! duncan makes some cool stacked single coils. they even make a mini JB and a mini Lynch. i just yanked my emgz outta my strat (put em in my charvel~sounds much better!) and slapped on a full shred and a hotrail. the hotrail is tonalicious! maybe take advantage of the 30 day return and see how you like em mondo :)

Snausages said:
If I buy a Carvin guitar, I won't get one built, but I will get a built one. Or just the kit and do it myself. Way cheaper that way.
If you do purchase one of the "Guitars In Stock," from Carvin, I recommend getting one of their neck-through models.

All of the bolt-on neck guitars that I've played from Carvin all have a buzzing on the G string. I don't know why this is, but it appears only on their bolt-on necks. Same for their bass guitars.

Their neck-through guitars and basses though can be set up so the action is ridiculously low (1/16 of an inch on their guitars; 3/32 of an inch on their basses) making fretting incredibly easy. Of course, if you play bass like I do, you have your action set really high or else you continue to put grooves into your pickup covers from hitting the strings so hard. :D Drives my guitar tech crazy everytime he does any servicing on my basses.

Also, the reason I'm waiting so long for this bass is because it's all Custom Shop details that are going on it (right down to the truss rod that has SMYLEX engraved into it). Found out from Carvin that the bass should be completed today and delivered to me sometime next week. Grand total: $1,256.90

MiniMurray said:
MiniBuckers!!! duncan makes some cool stacked single coils. they even make a mini JB and a mini Lynch. i just yanked my emgz outta my strat (put em in my charvel~sounds much better!) and slapped on a full shred and a hotrail. the hotrail is tonalicious! maybe take advantage of the 30 day return and see how you like em mondo :)

Thanks Mini... you bring up a good point (30 day return policy). On my other Tele (Melissa)... I tried every single coil size humbucker on the market and couldn't get the sound I wanted. BUT that was before I got my Boogie 3-Rect. I'll give it another shot... before I take it under the knife. I finally settled on a Tom Anderson Bucker. And I've been loyal ever since. Funny: "tonalicious".

I came home from work, and there it was, THE BOX, sitting on my porch. What the hell, I thought I was supposed to sign for something like that....good thing UPS stashed it around the corner and out of site from the sidewalk.
WooHooo!!!! I get to play it tomorrow night!!!!!

Well, finally...the damn thing arrived! The new baby, err...I mean, bass is finally home with me. Of course, I opened it and immediately noticed that the truss rod cover wasn't engraved with SMYLEX as I ordered but this is due to a back order and not a fault of the company. :) (Seems everyone wants engraved truss rod covers.) Once the truss rod arrives on Thursday, I'll see if Wrathmom or her hubby can get me some photos to post here with their digital camera. Someone be sure to throw Melzy a towel or sponge!

Of course, I could pull a Nigel Tufnel and not even let you look at it! :D I KNOW that I won't be allowing anyone else to play it or touch it as it is (I almost won't let ME play it!), so be happy with what you get. :Smug:

Yes, I am snotty! :D

Coolness, Smylex! Now if we lived closer we could go take bass lessons together. Hmmmm wonder if Wanda has a price. I have my perfectly good 12 string bass here that I haven't one fine clue how to play, but it looks good sitting in the corner :hotjump:

alanbirdsell said:
Coolness, Smylex! Now if we lived closer we could go take bass lessons together. Hmmmm wonder if Wanda has a price. I have my perfectly good 12 string bass here that I haven't one fine clue how to play, but it looks good sitting in the corner

Nah, I don't need lessons for bass guitar. :) Double bass lessons would be nice, but the tuning's the same as it is for bass guitar. I would just have to get used to the extended scale and no frets.

As to the 12-string, just play it like you would any other bass. Just tune the additional strings up one octave.

I thought I hallucinated somewhere that you were a beginner on bass. My mistake, sorry. I, on the otherhand, am a beginner. You just wouldn't know it by looking at all the stuff around the house. The 12 string was custom made by Hamer for some guy who died of an OD right after he got it. I picked it up with the custom flight case for $400.
bass.jpg

If memory serves me correctly, the Hamer 12 string bass is tuned like this...
1 set of strings standard bass tuning
2 sets of strings tuned an octave up, in unison to each other, the result is a full, rich, swirly tone matched by no other.

Hamer used to make one called the Chapparal, I dun know if they still make that model...