My New work, Semi-raw mix, Ryan's reamp

::XeS::

Mar 30, 2005
Italy
www.myspace.com
Hi
I'm workin' with this band (Disease Illusion), they are very young and they'll play at Metalcamp this summer (not in the main stage of course :D).
We're starting with this promo from the new album I'll record in late spring.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2009/1/4/2252209/Denied3.mp3

This is a new version of the mix, with ryan's reamps (5150 and Krank)...I have a Savage 60 but it doesn't fit very well the song (Expecially with a 2x12 cab).
I have tried also the Marcus reamp (Rectifier), it works very well blended with my savage, but I think that 5150/Krank combo fit better...Anyway thanks for your job Marcus :)

Now give me some opinion...I'll wait some good advice
I'll use a different approach for shure on the album recording...I don't like very much how it turned out this promo :)

Hey dude, sounds cool but the guitars feel a bit muffled and fuzzy to me (and a bit low in volume); also, the vox are WAYYYYY too loud, jeebus! Also, the hi-hat is a bit loud, and I feel the snare could use a bit more air/snap, but overall the drums sound pretty good! But yeah, I would really like it if you could at least try incorporating my Recto tracks into a mix so I could hear how they sound; I really feel like it could use the bark they have! But of course do what you're gonna do :)

Yeah, sorry about the cutting, I just thought it was useless noise (and I'm a bit OCD :D) Listening to the first one, the vox are too low this time - have 'em somewhere in between and it'd be perfect IMO! Though the guitars are still a bit low and begging for some Recto lovin'... ;)

Oh, and that lead guitar is a bit too loud also (the one right before the vox come in)

Hmm, yeah, you're right, it is quite dark - however, it's got the balls the other doesn't; maybe try blending it with Ryan's 5150 re-amp, I think that might be a combo from hell!

Unfortunatelly the Hit-hat is a bit loud because I did a mistake when I miced the kit and the HH was taken by them, so if I turn down the HH, I can hear it from the OH's...pretty annoying....Anyway I'll try different micing position in the future.
This is only a promo/preproduction to check if we work good together....and they are happy, so this is the most important thing, right? :D
Fuck me, I'm never happy with my works.......NEVER :D Good thing but a little frustrating

Anyway, new version:
http://www.fileden.com/files/2009/1/4/2252209/Denied5.mp3

Thanks...about the vocals,did you listen the last version?
Anyway,I have to work very much to get the sound I have in my mind (I'm not speaking about this work only)..if I listen the albums I like...oh shit,My works seem pieces of shit :D

Late to the game...
Here is a packet of reamped files from your 2 tracks. Used the following for each:

SLO > Bogner 212
SLO > Boogie 412
Triple Recto > Boogie 412
Powerball > Boogie 412

Maybe they will give you some other flavors. The amps were dialed in pretty crispy - hopefully there won't be too much top end. Take care!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/76pe0q

Thanks...about the vocals,did you listen the last version?
Anyway,I have to work very much to get the sound I have in my mind (I'm not speaking about this work only)..if I listen the albums I like...oh shit,My works seem pieces of shit :D

I don't think I was listening to the last version, my bad. I downloaded the last version and that seems to sound much better.

Hey guys, now I need some serious help. This evening I checked my mix with a Nightrage's song from "A new disease is born". My mix sounded sooo close than the NR one so, I load them in Logic and I open the level meter...I found some louder frequencies in mine, for example in the 250-500Hz...I putted some eq in that zone and I raise some highs...and I think now it sounds more open and less close.
Could you try to compare it with something else (any professional work do you like...at least a similar musical genre) or could you try to give me so advice about frequencies I could adjust?
Oh shit, I hate when I like my work and after a comparation, I understand that it sucks :(

Ok....I re-mixed the song today and this is another raw mix (without automation)
http://www.fileden.com/files/2009/1/4/2252209/Testolo3.mp3

It's mastered a little with Ozone to have a "commercial" level (so I can compare it with some references).
I analyzed the spectrum and now it's closer to my references, but I don't know...there is something weird.
Of course, my untreated room it's not a good starting point..but I think a tighter playing shound improve the sound