my niece is so cute it sort of makes me freak out

minxnim

meow
Aug 2, 2002
Visit site
like, other than a few babies, i think most babies are just weird and stinky. but my sister's baby smiles ALL THE TIME and giggles and she's so cute i can't stand it! now we got her a bouncy chair, and when you yell "GO FOR IT LAUREN!" she starts bouncing around like crazy. it's off the hook.

speaking of babies... aida has learned a new trick...

she will smile on command... it sounds funny, but it's true.

everytime i say "say cheese", she gives this big, fake looking smile.

SHE IS ONLY 7 MONTHS OLD... are they supposed to do stuff like that? it makes me laugh, but it freaks me out too.

aida has a jumper of sorts... and she too will jump like mad in that thing. ahhhhhh, i'm such a dad arn't i?

samclothes!.jpg

babies are starting to be cooler than i thought they were! lauren also will smile on command if you say "don't freak out!!!' and start laughing.
they're very advanced babies i guess (lauren is 6 months old) she also just learned to roll over and now she's sitting up using her arm like a kickstand. it's pretty adorable.

aida has been sitting up on her own for a few weeks now...

the thing is, she sits up funny.
she will be on her stomache, and somehow, bring her legs around her body (so her feet are in her face) then she pushes up with both hands.

that's the way she has always done it... it's freaky looking (looks like it hurts) but it works for her.

Sadly enough, that kid looks very much like any of a number of kids who go to the summer camp where I am a counselor. Chances are I know that kid or at least 20 just like him.

PS: It's an enrichment camp held on a college campus, just in case anyone was imagining the incongruency of kids like that sleeping in a cabin or tent or having to do anything of an "in the out-of-doors" nature. Trust me, it would not work. There is a reason they go to my camp.

dude it would be way cooler if you worked at a camp like that nick. tv show 'salute your shorts'.

best show ever.

p.s. am i a dork if i went to gifted musical theater camp when i was a kid? is it even worse that i was too poor to pay fr it and some fat, sweaty rich guy sponsored me?

this guy was probably trying to buy approval from someone, anyone, and he figured 'if i pay for this broke girl then at least SHE will have to respect me even if no one else does! (sweat sweat)'

little did he know! CLOWNED.

Haha, I'd almost completely erased all memory of that show...now it all comes flashing back.

saluteyourshorts1.gif

"We run. We jump. We swim and play. We row and go on trips
But the things that last forever... are our dear friendships
Camp Anawanna, we hold you in our hearts.
And when we think about you (it makes me wanna fart!)
It's 'I hope we never part'. Now get it right or pay the price.
Now we will share a lifetime of the fondest memories.
By the lakes of Anawanna.. Sat in the old pine trees.
Camp Anawa-.., we hold you in our hearts.
And when we think ab-.. (this thing came apart)
Think Anawanna-wanna, speak Anawanna-wanna..
Live Anawanna-wanna! Ugh!"