My other bands

Watched the documentary Tupac Resurrection the other day. I had always dismissed his work as too similar sounding (you can hear a pattern in his flow that varies little from song to song; once you hear it, its hard to listen to the content). But watching the documentary, I came away with quite an impression of Tupac the man. He was a captivating and very interesting figure.

Sometimes I have the need to hear those old cd's, so I'm listening King Diamond (The Eye) Cannibal Corpse (Vile/The Bleeding) Pantera (Official Live/Vulgar Display of Power/The Great Southern Trendkill) Incantation (Onward to Golgotha) King Crimson (Starless and Bible Black) Sepultura (Chaos A.D) Soundgarden (Superunknown) Suffocation (Pierced from Within) Portishead (Portishead) and stuff... Well, I listen to them regularly, so basically I'm not going back to my roots.

I constantly go back to some of the old bands I used to listen to such as Pantera (especially since Dime's untimely death), Sepultura, CC, Stone Temple Pilots - Core is a great album (one of the first tapes I ever got), etc. I can listen to some rap, but not much; and it's only like maybe one week out of the year that I can tolerate it.

Portishead are a fantastic band.

I watched Faith No More cover Glory Box at a UK Festival in 1995. That WAS something to see.

I recently had to copy the Portishead albums for one of my house mates, apparently it was something to do with celebrating his anniversary with his other half...

Better not to ask.

i think i heard only a few portishead mp3s, and didn't care for em at that time, i don't remember. i'll check out a full length..album recommendations?

it's feckin 5:16am, i believe it's time for sleep.

Dummy is a great album. I got into it when I was looking for recommendations into lounge style music. Whilst their 'trip-hop' sort of style isn't lounge, it's still really cool. 'It Could be Sweet' is probably my favourite track.

I see some varying tastes in music in this forum, which is a good thing. Actually, I am the only one in my group of friends who like opeth. I have friends who like nu-metal like linkin park and saliva. I personally don't care for either (LP has a few good songs), and also alternative like Pearl Jam. I have other froiends who are into the new hip hop, Ludacris, Fat Joe, etc. Some of the songs are ok. So with me, when it comes to metal I am into opeth, downset, machinehead. Bands like that. I am also into some old school hip hop (ice cube, dr.dre, dj jazzy jeff & the fresh prince. What I don't like about the new hip hop is the constant "money, cahs, hoes" theme. I feel it really drags society down. This type of music is the most common amongst my age group in my area. I think it is too bad since there is so much other good music out there. I am kind of proud I listen to opeth since they are a not well known gem, plus the herd don't like them. I have played opeth for my friends, but none of them are into it. I find that to be ashame.

deliverance said:
i think i heard only a few portishead mp3s, and didn't care for em at that time, i don't remember. i'll check out a full length..album recommendations?

it's feckin 5:16am, i believe it's time for sleep.
Dude, that image in your sig is hilarious! :lol:

I used to listen to Machine Head, Sepultura and Pantera a lot.
sometimes I'll still listen to "The more things change...", which is a really good album. also, I like to listen to my good old Soundgarden CDs every now and then. Superunknown rules!

I do tend to get back into Kiss, Dire Straits, Status Que, Fleetwood Mac, even Free and 10CC. Usually just a small phase every few years though.