My Own Demise - Rock with vocals

really love it music-wise but wheres the fuckin bass.. :)
drums sound to artificial for that kind of music or rather add some reverb to the drums for more 80's vibe, BASS needed, push middle during the solo and add some delay/reverb

Thanks!! :)

I know I agree bass is non existent oops. Is there a way to make this song still rock in the modern rock world or is this too 80's? I love the 80's but my goal has always been to have a mix of 80's (crue, queensryche) with the modern rock that is now being played (stone sour, breaking benjamin)??

Let me know if that is what is being portrayed here and if not any suggestions to give it a little more modern edge.

Steve, I think you're achieving just what you're looking for. It DOES have a bit of the 80's in it...but it's definitely not ALL 80's. It's a good blend of both worlds, I think. I really like this, and can hear a lot of potential with it. Let me know how this progresses. Though, I think it's time we chip in and get you some different drum samples. ;)

Haha yeah seriously these samples seem to be killing me..so mix wise everything is going to change anyways since we are on the prowl for an actual drummer etc...these are more just demos and trying to get feeback on the songs themselves...but since we are going to start practicing I'm sure a lot of the songs structures will be figured out there and some changes

yeah i really like it and it's definitely modern (Y)

if you aim for a fat modern rock sound listen to any bob rock record (best example: motley crue - self titled - ) and use this as reference. :D

Last edited by a moderator: