My own samples in Addictive drums

chopchop

Jun 4, 2010
Hey, so recently I bought Addictive Drums and I must say, I love it.
Though I just couldn't find if it's possible to blend in my own samples (Cymbals, kick, snare and so) into the plugin...

is it possible?

Not within Addictive Drums itself. You will need to route the individual tracks out to your DAW from the VSTi and use a sample replacement plug-in, such as apTrigga or Slate TRIGGER, to use your own samples. Personally, I only ever have felt the kicks were lacking in AD, as such that is all I ever replace.

Not within Addictive Drums itself. You will need to route the individual tracks out to your DAW from the VSTi and use a sample replacement plug-in, such as apTrigga or Slate TRIGGER, to use your own samples. Personally, I only ever have felt the kicks were lacking in AD, as such that is all I ever replace.

agreed, I love the snares on that thing, but kick is kinda lacking

AD cymbals are really good, snares and toms are great for that more natural snare sound, kicks are shit for metal.
dial in sounds within AD, route everything out to seperate daw tracks, and replace the kicks 100% with slate/SD and blend in other samples for toms and snare.
you will probably have to record the AD output to new tracks and turn off AD after that. i found that aptrigga doesn't trigger from the AD audio on the individual tracks but from the midi data, which can be a pita....thus i tend to record the outputs to new tracks and trigger from that audio data. cuts down on cpu usage too.

Interesting, using Cubase 4 here and have apTrigga replacing the kick in real-time with the routing, everything else stays within AD (snare, toms and cymbals + their processing as well). I just filter the kick in AD from like 1k and below so there is only attack coming through really, like a HP, and apT triggers it perfectly for me.