My recommended custom ONS maps.

The Master

Racist Melon Farmer
Feb 24, 2003
This Island Earth
www.paulnetwork.com
Well, been downloading some custom Onslaught maps from around the web. So I figured some of these should be brought to people's attention, because they kick some ass. They need to be on more servers.

1. ONS-Pipeline. The map takes place in a large, post-apocolyptic wasteland. The atmosphere is perfect, the node layout is great, and the base setup is totally awesome. The power core is exposed out in the open, but you can't get to it on foot, you can only snipe at it from the ground, or use a manta or raptor to get to it. And when I say exposed, I mean, you can snipe it at from way outside of the base. So once the core is vulnerable, you'll have one hell of a time trying to find everybody who's shooting it. Kind of annoying, but it does work both ways, so just get those nodes! There's no leviathan, but hey, doesn't take anything away from gameplay.

2. ONS-Kakmo[UPC]. A map that takes place in a huge winding valley of ancient Mayan ruins. Anyone play Serious Sam Second Encounter? Think that, only UT2k4 Onslaught. Yes, it is as good as it sounds. Each base is a large temple, and the nodes run along the banks of a deep dried up river bed, with ruins along it, and foot bridges across it to each bank. Inside the temples the core is actually hanging over a bottomless pit, which I'd never seen before. Pretty cool. No leviathan, but still awesome.

3. ONS-Ascendancy. This map's theme is a huge battle for a large tyridium mining operation. For those in the dark, this is a precious ore that is fought over in Unreal, basically the reason the Skarrj invaded the Nali. Anyway, this map rules. The layout is really cool, and one of the nodes is in a massive underground cavern. There's a leviathan at a central node, and that's always fun since big time fighting ensues over that as well.

4. ONS-Torlanights. Not really a new map, just a conversion of ONS-Torlan that basically makes the whole thing night. Pretty fun playing it in the dark, kind of a change of pace. Get her.

anyone else played/liked ONS-Icarus by Chris Blundell? first ONS map to be released to the community. takes place on skyscrapers and it's got multiple levels and ramps all over the place so you can do jumps with the wheeled vehicles. it's pretty cool. =)

ONS-Coldfusion 2 is great as well, it's layout is very similar to the 1 node ONS map that came with the game, expect it's huge and has an extra path of nodes going round the back, like a horseshoe basically. cool icy tundra theme too.

Just got done playing a bunch.... here some more good ones

ONS-DryIce.... this map is huge, its a winter map at night, with 9 nodes.... each node is reached by walking through valleys, the map is symmetrical.... the central node gets you the Leviathan.... you can also go over some mountains and get pretty high up to snipe a node or two, most people dont notice this.... and the coolest thing is that when you are using the sniper rifle sniping at people at a node, you are so high up they don't even notice you.... they just kinda stand around while you pick em off.... its an epic map that takes a long time, kinda like Dria....

ONS-UrbanAssault.... exactly how it sounds, takes place in the middle of a city, with nodes on streets, one in a basketball court, etc.... you can also go way high up in buildings and jump around, but its quite complex up there and i haven't really mapped it all out in my head yet.

everyone come to these two servers: wolfgaming.net ONS server, and the wolfgaming.net AS server.... i always play on those, the ONS server has a ton of cool maps including the ones i just mentioned, and Pipeline, and Kakmo, etc....

UrbanAssault is fucking awesome. Played that one with Sunlapse. Intense fun, nice to look at, and well thought out.

Only problem with the wolfgaming ONS server is a get quite a high ping due to it being on the other side of the pond =/

SculptedCold said:
ja, that and those maps would likely slaughter my fps. bad combination. :erk:
Nah. I've got a relatively shitty system, too, (2.0ghz running at 1.6, 256 megs ram, GeForce 4 MX with 64 megs ram) and the only map I've played so far where I get bad frame slowdown is UrbanAssault, and that's only with bots.