• Red Planet

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

[0hr]Sunlapse

Wraith
Oct 1, 2002
Rumson, NJ
www.getyourasstomars.com
Like I always say, nothing like a nice little poll to spice a forum up. I only included the "official" maps, (yes, aridoom and ascendancy are official), no custom maps, for obvious reasons. Anyways my vote goes to Aridoom. I simply love that map. It has a cool "end of the road" desert atmosphere (the lack of music helps give a good feel as well), plenty of tank combat, but its not hard to kill tanks like in most maps, as there is plenty of cover.... the middle node is really cool as well, cool little aresenal you get, including the brilliantly placed redeemer (most people dont even notice it, i just get it every time, and its in such a convienient place if you got the middle node.) The little "bases" which each nodes are in are cool and nicely designed as well. Overall, the map feels great, looks great, and plays even better. Definately my favorite ONS map.

and if you dont have Aridoom or Ascendancy (they are an official add-on you can download anywhere, or just even start on a server playing them) then i highly recommend you play them before voting, as they both are awesome.

edit: Icarus is an official map as well.... didnt realize that.

Hmm... probably Primeval I guess, because it usually results in the most hectic gameplay.

Best atmosphere goes to Severance; I love the look of that map.

Icarus is also an official map.

Out of the official maps, I'd say the best are Arctic Stronghold, Aridoom, Ascendancy, Frostbite, Icarus & Primeval, with my favorite being probably Ascendancy.

But my overall favorite ONS map is either Pipeline, KAKMO, or Valarna. Add Grit to that list when it is finished.