My review of Sun Caged

vfrex

Nov 15, 2003
I recently made a purchase of 9 albums, the Sun Caged cd being one of them. The others were: Pain of Salvation - The Perfect Element, Angra - Rebirth, Frank Zappa - Hot Rats, Symphony X - V, Amorphis - Elegy, King Crimson - Red, Nevermore - Dead Heart in a Dead World, and Blaze - Tenth Dimension

By FAR, the Sun Caged album has gotten the most spins. Amazing stuff. I got it expecting Mr. Coenen's awesome guitar work, but I had no idea what else I was in for; I was pleasantly surprised. Bass, Drums, Keyboards, Vocals were all outstanding. Awesome unisons, layers of sound and atmospheres, eerie melodies that stick with you; this album has it all. Keep up the good work, I can't wait to get the next one. :headbang:

vfrex said:
I recently made a purchase of 9 albums, the Sun Caged cd being one of them. The others were: Pain of Salvation - The Perfect Element, Angra - Rebirth, Frank Zappa - Hot Rats, Symphony X - V, Amorphis - Elegy, King Crimson - Red, Nevermore - Dead Heart in a Dead World, and Blaze - Tenth Dimension

By FAR, the Sun Caged album has gotten the most spins. Amazing stuff. I got it expecting Mr. Coenen's awesome guitar work, but I had no idea what else I was in for; I was pleasantly surprised. Bass, Drums, Keyboards, Vocals were all outstanding. Awesome unisons, layers of sound and atmospheres, eerie melodies that stick with you; this album has it all. Keep up the good work, I can't wait to get the next one. :headbang:

you should give pain of salvation and the crimson one some more attention. these albums are fucking amazing. although the sun caged album is also very good.