Rob Van Der Loo Quits Sun Caged

Sun Caged

official announcements
Aug 14, 2002
The Netherlands
www.suncaged.com
After almost 7 years of being a member of Sun Caged bass player Rob Van Der Loo decided to leave Sun Caged. Read his official statement below. Of course we regret his decision, but despite that we respect his reasons. Rob is going into a totally new musical direction, and he was not happy anymore playing the music of Sun Caged. Rob will stay close to the band, regarding the friendship we have with him, and we truly wish him the best in his musical career and his new direction.

Here his statement:

"I've been a member of Sun Caged for almost seven years which is quite a while.
Playing in Sun Caged convinced me that I wanted to be a full-time professional musician.
But seven years is quite a long time and in this period a lot of things like personal interests and musical taste can change . As a musician I need to be challenged and through the last 18 months I started to realise that Sun Caged wasn't longer the challenge for which I was looking.
When I'm a member of a band I need to support the music for 200% and not for 100% or less.
Making decisions like this can be very hard but I took a lot of time to think about it and I'm sure that this is the right choice for as well me as the band. The fact that I'm leaving the band doesn't mean that it's the end of my musical career. In fact I think it will give me much more new fresh ideas and possibilities to work on. And there's always a big chance that we will work together again in the near future.
I would like to thank all the (ex-)Sun Caged members for the awesome years we've played together and for their friendship. Of course I'd also like to thank all the Sun Caged fans all over the world for the their great support; you guys rule! And last but not least I wish the band good luck with the upcoming line-up and the new album.

All the best,

Rob"

Of course we also thank Rob for his amazing presence in the band and friendship throughout the years.

This also means that Sun Caged is looking for a new bass player.
If you are interested to join Sun Caged as the new bass player, then send an email with a sound file of your playing to marcel.coenen@gmail.com
It is obvious that we are looking for a good replacement, auditions start soon and we already have a lot of options.

For the people who might fear that this affects Sun Caged in a bad way: No worries ! The band is very strong, and we are convinced that we will find a replacement soon. The recordings of our new album won't be postponed, we will enter the studio in April 2006, as planned.

Rob will play with us for the last time at Thursday April 27th in 013 in Tilburg, The Netherlands. Sun Caged drummer Roel Van Helden will play his Conservatorium graduation concert this day and afterwards we will play a set with Sun Caged.

Sincerely

Rene Kroon, Paul Adrian Villarreal, Marcel Coenen, Roel Van Helden and Rob Van Der Loo.

sorry to hear that. hope you guys find a very good replacement for rob (i think it's not that easy...) congrats to roel ;) and good luck to rob also!

Joh, ik las net over het vertrek van Rob, zonde zeg!
Ik zal m'n oortjes gespitst houden.
Wordt een moeilijke opgave om iemand te vinden met zulke qualiteiten en zo'n persoonlijkheid :-S
Misschien net over de grens?...misschien toch in dit kleine kikkerlandje?... jullie gaan vast iemand vinden, is tenslotte ook gelukt met jullie nieuwe drummert en toetsen=t!
Show must go on!!!
Good luck Suncagerds! :Spin: (<--- deze blijft geinig)

Ik wens Rob iig ook heel veel succes in z'n verdere muziekcariere.

Hey Rob,
Veel succes gewenst in de toekomst, ik ga je binnenkort wel weer zien.

...en sun caged, tja.. jullie komen vast wel weer terug met een nieuwe bassist, ...en beter dan ooit!!! (zoals jullie dat altijd zo leuk zeggen)

Alleen marcel nog maar over van de originele debuut CD line-up, poeh... knappe prestatie!

Sorry voor het sarcasme, moest er ff uit.

grtz, Andre

Rob, I wish you all the best for the future, and hope you find the musical challenge you're looking for! You're an amazing bass player :)

As for the remaining bandmembers: I have no doubt that you'll find a suitable replacement for Rob and continue to be an awesome band! :headbang:

Good luck!

Andre, not to be sarcastic or anything, but don't you think it's about time you change your username? ;)

I was really schocked when I got the newsletter, I had NO idea!

But that's the way things go and I wish both SC and Rob a great future!

And now start looking for another kind hearted, 9-string bassplayer...good luck!!!

(Tip: start looking on Myspace!)

This really dissapointed me, but I'm confident Sun Caged will make a good decision. I'm just wondering how their music isn't challenging!

Great to see all the encouraging replies. Thanks to all! :)

Yes, it's very sad to see Rob go. More than a great bassist, he's also just a plain great guy. I personally look forward to whatever music he comes out with in the future.

And someday will be "Monty Python Marathon Night" at Rob's house....right Rob? hehe.

NoSoup4you said:
This really dissapointed me, but I'm confident Sun Caged will make a good decision. I'm just wondering how their music isn't challenging!

Music's more than technique dude...Rob's probably looking for something that will force him to hear and think differently. Sun Caged's one of my favorite bands too, but I can definitely see where Rob's coming from.