New Drummer for Sun Caged !!

mcoenen

Guitarist in Sun Caged
Mar 31, 2002
sittard, netherlands
www.marcelcoenen.com
After several auditions Sun Caged have found a new drummer.

His name is Roel Van Helden, age 23, student at the academy of music in Tilburg, Netherlands.

He surprised us with the fact that he managed to play the whole album within a week. Besides that, there is a very good chemistry between us and Roel, musically as well as on a personal level. We never played our songs that well before !

What's funny is the fact that Roel is already a member of Marcel's soloband and he is also the drummer our bassist Rob played with, at age 14, in his first band.
We welcome Roel in the Cage, and we are sure that this has brought Sun Caged to a higher level.

We also would like to thank all other drummers who showed interest, and we also hope that the true Sun Caged fans will welcome Roel with open arms, possibly at one of our upcoming gigs.

Rob, Joost, Marcel, Andre and Roel !!

Sun Caged

Good luck from me 2. I hope this will be the last change in line up for some long time now ;). I am curious about the influences Roel will have in the total sound of SC in the end.

And I am curious about Saturnine too. The positive thing about a split-up is that more bands emerge worthy to be checked out (hopefully! ;)).

Thank you all for the kind words and making me feel welcome,
I look forward to meeting you guys at one of the upcoming gigs,

Greetings
Roel

hey,
I haven't got a website (yet), and I won't let you hear stuff that I recorded earlier because it was with a band that played a very chaotic mixture of death metal, grindcore and punk and it isn't representative of what I do now.
But I'm going into the Pit-studio (Weert) this weekend to record a track (a very crazy instrumental) for the "Marcel Coenen project" for a Shawn Lane tribute album. While I'm there I will also start recording 4 tracks with my other band "Delphian".
See Ya,
Roel

Roel van Helden said:
hey,
I haven't got a website (yet), and I won't let you hear stuff that I recorded earlier because it was with a band that played a very chaotic mixture of death metal, grindcore and punk and it isn't representative of what I do now.
chaotic?!?! grrr... haha...

first post of a musician in Roels former chaotic band...

Roel, first of all, all the best with the cool SC-dudes!
And hehehe my 1st question to you : could you define the way 'chaotic' is mentioned here? Some music can't be chaotic enough... ;)

grtz,

Frank

Thanks,

Well, my last studio recordings were made in 2000, let's just say that my drumming is a bit tighter now (I hope).

Kusjes