My second test, NOW WITH VOCALS!

Hi everybody! I've come back with my fake guitars, and now with my voice! :p

Well, I've made a cover of an excerpt from a song of a Spanish band called "ADM". The song is "Lo Que Tú Quieras Ser". I've made the first verse and chorus, but I've made two different mixes. Each one has a different kick drum.

Excerpt - Kick nº 1

Excerpt - Kick nº 2

P.S.: There's no pitch correction software, just in case you think it :heh:

Nice!

What do you use for synths? and do you use software expression for the build up in the synths or a midi keyboard?

this is fucking good stuff javi, i'm guessing this is all sampled guitars?

how long does that shit take to program?

music wise, i preffered your stuff.. :p

thanks,

sounds nice! maybe the voice should be a bit more compressed. seems to have too much dynamic range.

youve inspired me to buy prominy SC and it came a couple days ago. Its very intimidating. i just hope i can get the shit sounding as good as you.

dcdanman said:
this is fucking good stuff javi, i'm guessing this is all sampled guitars?

how long does that shit take to program?

music wise, i preffered your stuff.. :p

thanks,

As I said at the beggining of this thread, they're sampled guitars, of course. It has taken only 20 minutes to make the guitars :D

Mart said:
sounds a bit like mnemic which is cool!
Yeah! In fact, the synths at the beggining looks like the one on "Deathbox" :rolleyes:

SentencedToBurn said:
sounds nice! maybe the voice should be a bit more compressed. seems to have too much dynamic range.

youve inspired me to buy prominy SC and it came a couple days ago. Its very intimidating. i just hope i can get the shit sounding as good as you.

Really? Vocals are compressed as f***, even limited :zombie: .
Well, take Prominy easy. It's a huge library and needs a lot of time in exploring all of the sound banks it has.

AgeOfGeburah said:
Sound awsome mate!
Cant think of anything to critisize:)

What bass is it?

Good Job mate!

The bass is Chris Hein Bass (sampled Musicman stingray) plus AMPEG SVX.

Guitars sound good, but kinda thin, no lowmids. Overall the mix could use a fair bit more lowmids/lows... altho I'm not sure, listening on headphones very late at night and I'm not used to them.
I don't like the drums much. Snare is very boingy - AD? Your vocals also sound kinda muffled and lofi.. I remember you said you used am SM58, are you doing a lot of processing to them? Overall I think you may be over-processing everything a bit much, its all sounding a bit separated and manipulated.
Sorry for the critical-ness, but I don't want to post just saying 'good job', thats a waste of time imo (for you and me!)

PS: I can hear voices at :12 ;p

PSS (or PPS?): Check your PMs dude..

Guitars sound good, but kinda thin, no lowmids. Overall the mix could use a fair bit more lowmids/lows... altho I'm not sure, listening on headphones very late at night and I'm not used to them.
I don't like the drums much. Snare is very boingy - AD? Your vocals also sound kinda muffled and lofi.. I remember you said you used am SM58, are you doing a lot of processing to them? Overall I think you may be over-processing everything a bit much, its all sounding a bit separated and manipulated.
Sorry for the critical-ness, but I don't want to post just saying 'good job', thats a waste of time imo (for you and me!)

PS: I can hear voices at :12 ;p

PSS (or PPS?): Check your PMs dude..

Don't worry, dude. I love critics if they are to help me, not to destroy me :oops: . Well, guitars sounds so thing cuz I've changed the amplifier. In Chugawooka I used a 6505+, but in this test I've used 6505+, and this amp sound more thin than the other. Drums are the same as Chugawooka: Toontrack Superior 2.

Yeah, I've used a bit of proccess, especially the Antares Mic Modeller and Waves Mercury. That's the first time I proccess vocals with that stuff. :lol:

nice guitar sound with the 6505+ mixes.
that snare drums way too ringy and hollow sounding for my tastes though.

Hola Javi, que delay/reverb has usado para el grito del principio? suena cojonudo! no es el mismo luego en los coros=?