My take on the cemetery Gates solo!!

Humidfume

Here's a link to the video guys, would be killer if you could let me know what you think! It ain't perfect, but I think I nailed the run-up in it :D

Cheers!

Joe

Here are some extras if your interested too!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh bollocks haha!
Nice one!

I wish I could do pinch harmonics. But nothing seems to work, I've tried every pick angle / placement between pickups / high gain settings. :Smug:

Oh bollocks haha!
Nice one!

I wish I could do pinch harmonics. But nothing seems to work, I've tried every pick angle / placement between pickups / high gain settings. :Smug:

This is how I learnt..

pick the G string, on the 5th fret and let it ring cleanly, now put the left side of your thumb (picking hand) onto the string exactly where you picked it, do this in steps..

pick
look at the string
touch the same place you picked VERY lightly with your thumb
and hey presto you should have a pinch as long as you touch the string lightly and remove your thumb quickly enough to allow it to ring out,

also try moving your thumb around each time you try it, as in place your thumb in a differnt place every time to find the right place on the string that gets the best harmonic.

all your doing is finding the right place in the string to "cut, stop or pinch" it so that the string vibrates oddly and creates a pinch harmonic...

hopefully that helped a little?

and thanks man Im glad you liked it :D