My take on the Portland show (with pics)

I would give a finger to see nevermore in such a "private" setting...

wow...

although, to be realistic, bad bad promotion.....
oh well, those shows can be fun actually!

Glad you had a good time kev Kev!

Kev, you messaged me on AIM when i was away... lets talk soon shall we?
:)

dead_fetus said:
No motivation/inspiration, shitty camera, trying to get close when there's no photo pit sucks, etc.

Sometimes just being a fan is the only goal. Taking pics and concentrating on that for the most part can really cut into just taking the music in as a fan. I totally understand your thoughts there.

I think Nevermore is mesmerzing live. Its like having a cold beer on a hot day, you want to drink it all in, and only that.

dead_fetus said:
Most definitely! However, you have to make the first move because I never know when you're around or not!

Ok I'll make the first move ;)

I'll message you after the holiday ok ?

Sorrowed said:
haha GREAT Pics !! It was so freaking kick ass ..I have my Gigantour pics but for this tour I sadly droped my cheap cam running across the street, what was it..18 below zero wind at 40 mph holy crap thats cold..! Im happy that you had a good time and got pics the guys are too cool for hanging out with their fans &talking like were all old buddies , Now thats how metal shows should be!.........and yeah your ass was alright to look at '

Thanks! Here are my Gigantour pics, taken very sober with better lighting ;)

http://www.kevinjacober.com/photography/pictures/091105/

Well, I couldnt get the pics to load on my pc from your link, Im newish to computers and really dont know what Im doing so I put my Gigantour pics on my sig..... the undercover pics didnt come out so well but these in the daylight are priceless !

nm1.jpg

nm2.jpg

nm3.jpg

My camera was drunk at this point...I think it describes Jeff pretty well,(a blur).:worship:
nm4.jpg

nm5.jpg

nm6.jpg

nm7.jpg

Cool pix.

I'm wondering if the band gets a set fee for playing or what....cause if they get the door, they got fucked. Somebody lost money that night........

PLAY ROCHESTER, we'd have alot more people than that shithole.

Jody42147 said:
Cool pix.

I'm wondering if the band gets a set fee for playing or what....cause if they get the door, they got fucked. Somebody lost money that night........

PLAY ROCHESTER, we'd have alot more people than that shithole.

Mmmmm...I was wondering the same thing before the show.
If it's anything like the stripper industry, the house gets a flat working on location fee and the gal snags the rest...unless working in Asia where the house gets a % of the pull + fee...
On a lighter note...taxi drivers work the same way.

Another reason to get out to the shows! "Pay to Play" sucks.