My thoughts on the new Machine Head TTAOE album

Sep 13, 2002
Visit site
the leaked 8-song promo of course.

Not what I've expected, but it's definitely an improvement over the SC and TBR. It picks up right where TMTC left off. Naturally Robb dropped the wigger influence as well. Some of the songs I've enjoyed are Imperium, Elegy, In Presence Of My Enemies and Descend The Shades Of Night. The rest is okay.

If these 8 songs will be any different on the final album, I'll be surprised. I think I saw the user toiledhead on MH board saying that Imperium had solo. He was the one who heard some of the new MH material before it got leaked. A good track like this one could use a KILLER SOLO :headbang: IPOME and DTSON are the only songs which have solos on this promo. :(

Anyway, it'd be cool if MH would make the next album a full-on thrash metal album, with variety in the songs, more solos, faster parts integrated nicely with slower parts, heavy dynamics, etc.

i heard it also and its not what i really expected. imperium is definitely my fav. track and if the rest of the tracks were in that vein a it would be killer.

the one thing that bothers me about these tracks is all the melodic singing in every song! I dont mind melodic singing once in while but every song!?

overall its alright and hopefully the other 2 songs will be full on heavy!

I think I saw the user toiledhead on MH board saying that Imperium had solo. He was the one who heard some of the new MH material before it got leaked.

THAT WOULD BE DIRT AND TOILETHEAD HEARD THIS SONG BEFORE IT GOT LEAKED!
GET YOUR STORY STRAIGHT!

actually, a couple different promos were given out to music journalists with different mixes so that when the album got leaked they could (hopefully) trace it back to whoever leaked it. So I don't think anyone has the final mixes.