My two humble wishes, to Sir Mikael Almighty.

On your knees, beg for his Highness's forgiveness!

Oh, and Mister Akerfeldt, if you're listening, I was wondering if you might be able to change the lyrics in "Face of Melinda" to "Face of Bianca" so that I might feel as though you're singing to me? Thanks much

So, on TLE I bet it's Mike who's telling the strange-ass story(I think we could all agree on this part?), Nathalie who's reading the love-note to her wife Axe, and Mendez who's reading the technical manual for the mic he's recording with in spanish :Smokin:

This made me :lol: and people stared at me afterwards! :erk:

And Mike learnt foot massages from the Foot Fuckin' Master!

JulesWinnfield-1234398651.jpg

I'm your savior, I'll listen to it right now!

ok, so five minutes later..

I heard Mike saying:
"Marcherade!"
I also heard "Jag har ingen aning"
"hahaha"
"Jag har inte långt hår"
and finaly, I heard "Barbapappa, jag vet inte, då ringer det ju kan jag ju säga, Jag vet inte vem det e som e, jag menar, asså jag"..

also heard Natalie saying: "Just when you are thinking" you can hear it very well at 8:23.

sucks that I don't understand the spanish.

I'm your savior, I'll listen to it right now!

ok, so five minutes later..

I heard Mike saying:
"Marcherade!"
I also heard "Jag har ingen aning"
"hahaha"
"Jag har inte långt hår"
and finaly, I heard "Barbapappa, jag vet inte, då ringer det ju kan jag ju säga, Jag vet inte vem det e som e, jag menar, asså jag"..

also heard Natalie saying: "Just when you are thinking" you can hear it very well at 8:23.

sucks that I don't understand the spanish.

Don't be hard on yourself - I'm a spanish speaker, familiar with the Uruguay accent, and I can barely make out anything.

"...por qué no estás..." (why aren't you [here?])

"...toda la ciencia..." (all the science) or maybe something with "paciencia" (patience)

"...dudas y dudas..." (doubt and doubt)

"...y que es imposible que haya podido..." (and that it is impossible that [he/she/it] could have)

and, just to mess with our collective heads, the last thing Mendez says is :bah::

"...me he dado cuenta que no decía nada." (I have realized it didn't say anything)

^That last one was from the instruction manual, I tell you.

the instruction manual was in the Foo Fighters song Everlong, with three whispering voices, I doubt Opeth copied it, cause then I'd have all the lyrics written down already :/

for original poster: just get the first press of Damnation LP and enjoy! Dunno about re-release, it may be just as great, may be just a cd to vinyl transfer. CD sucks.

And I agree to some other poster who told that Watershed 5.1 mix is great! I like also to listen just the center speaker, where is Mikael's voice and Mendez. coz I am also bassplayer :). It is a lot fun.

the instruction manual was in the Foo Fighters song Everlong, with three whispering voices, I doubt Opeth copied it, cause then I'd have all the lyrics written down already :/

Read:

ok, so now you made me curious about what they are saying in the end of Lotus eater.
so there's some swedish in there for sure, from what I've heard.
by the way, it's pretty much the exact same thing as in the middle of everlong by Foo Fighters, where three people whisper things at the same time.
in that case, it's Dave reading a technical manual, one of their roadies reading a love-note to his wife, and another one telling a strange-ass story.

So I said:

So, on TLE I bet it's Mike who's telling the strange-ass story(I think we could all agree on this part?), Nathalie who's reading the love-note to her wife Axe, and Mendez who's reading the technical manual for the mic he's recording with in spanish :Smokin:

ALL MUSIC was meant to be listened to in STEREO! If you want more channels... hit the Surround button and there you go.