Myrath

It's a more complicated and dense album than the last one, with a lot more prog impulses despite the concise song lengths. While this benefits it in many ways, taking some of the focus off traditional song structures and vocal-oriented songs, it does mean the hooks don't immediately jump out. Believer does, though.

So far I quite like it but there needs time for it to grow.

Reactions: Bamafan
I coughed up for a copy on their IGG campaign for the video. I hope they've shipped it already cause I really want this.

It's a more complicated and dense album than the last one, with a lot more prog impulses despite the concise song lengths. While this benefits it in many ways, taking some of the focus off traditional song structures and vocal-oriented songs, it does mean the hooks don't immediately jump out. Believer does, though.

So far I quite like it but there needs time for it to grow.

The few songs I've heard from this band don't sound particularly proggy, just sounds like power metal

The few songs I've heard from this band don't sound particularly proggy, just sounds like power metal
Their first album is very much like "what if Symphony X were from Tunisia." They've had varying levels since, but they're not quite "just power metal," by any stretch, imo.

Their first album is very much like "what if Symphony X were from Tunisia." They've had varying levels since, but they're not quite "just power metal," by any stretch, imo.

Even though Tales of the Sands is a very straightforward album with under six minute songs, with simple structures and time signatures, and vocals in the front, there is so much ridiculous musicianship and proggy extra bits that it's still not classifiable as a straight power metal album. It does have a couple of power metal type tracks and some that lean closer to traditional metal.

If that's all you've heard from Myrath then it's more understandable. But their debut album is extremely technical and progressive, and Desert Call is in between the other two albums.

Reactions: Bamafan and Mardoch
After the first listen, Legacy sounds great. I have enjoyed their previous albums (and their PP performance was dynamite), but Legacy could be their "break-out" release - time will tell. I have noticed from the liner notes that they seem to have collaborated with some folks outside of the band on writing and arrangements. This could account for a somewhat different sound and based upon initial impressions would seem to be a good move on the part of the band. They seem like a great bunch of guys, so I only wish them the very best.

Finally got around to listening and love, love, love this disc. I keep backing up to replay the 30 seconds or so where "Jasmin" segues into "Believer" over and over again. Absolute perfection! "Believer" would make a kick ass soundtrack to a montage of NCAA tournament footage. :)

After the first listen, Legacy sounds great. I have enjoyed their previous albums (and their PP performance was dynamite), but Legacy could be their "break-out" release - time will tell. I have noticed from the liner notes that they seem to have collaborated with some folks outside of the band on writing and arrangements. This could account for a somewhat different sound and based upon initial impressions would seem to be a good move on the part of the band. They seem like a great bunch of guys, so I only wish them the very best.

I think much of the collaboration was lyrical. They've always had a lyricist outside of the band (Aymen Jaouadi) who writes some of these songs too. But now they seem to have several lyricists.

Great album. I thought it was ok after 2 spins. Now after a dozen or so spins, it's pretty awesome.