Myself giving a lecture on dystopian anime

Nice work man. I only got part of the way through before being interrupted by my kids, but it looked interesting. How did you get on that conference?

Nice work man. I only got part of the way through before being interrupted by my kids, but it looked interesting. How did you get on that conference?

Both my supervisors helped to organise it & they needed more media people, so was encouraged to register.
Helped that it was held down here in Hobart, so only had to travel into town & not interstate.

Nice work mate, and with no notes, bloody well thought out

Cheers, Southy. It's a topic that I know a lot about, so easy for me to talk on. Was surprised that I didn't need my notes because was panicking like a bastard up until the point I opened my mouth.

Am lucky to be able to retain so much knowledge on such a niche topic but did make a few mistakes in terms of info but that's more due to a form of verbal dyslexia where words are replaced by others or mixed up in their order.

The speed at which you were talking at the start pointed out the nerves I think mate, but you settle in really well in the first couple of minutes.
I think we all get that verbal dyslexia thing every now and then

The speed at which you were talking at the start pointed out the nerves I think mate, but you settle in really well in the first couple of minutes.

Plus wanted to get through the acknowledgement joke without wasting too much time.

Scarily enough, I can actually speak faster than that without losing clarity of speech but is very taxing on vocal cords & brain.

I find when I start speaking at accelerated paces my tongues knots up :lol:

I've always been able to do weird things with my voice.

From high pitched speaking to fast talking to even modulated growling (think Mongolian throat singing) a couple of times but never figured out how I did it.

Just wish that I took advantage of it more for entertainment employment.