myspace.com: a place for metal!

yeah, i still have the print screen jpg of that :D
but myspace has grown a lot more since then and from what i read the turn out on their recent US tour wasn't as good as the last time they came here so my mission to make them the next big thing in metal is not over...

What is so cool about this myspace-metal page is that not only is there a featured band section but also a featured video and behind the scenes section which has endless possibilities. I for one would love to see a making of the new Katatonia album on the "behind the scenes" section.

I'm thinking he's getting at the fact that people on there try to add all these people to their profile with the intent of being popular or some crap.

Goddamn genre's. Metalcore was used in the 80's for Crustpunk punk bands that were more Metal than others...anyways :D

I think this is a bad idea, in the same way MySpace was a horrible idea. Ruins good bands and puts the bands that rip off the old bands on top as something "fresh and exciting". Well I just get sick of it, and it won't end. For every older, more established band they feature, they put up 5-6 newer ones of kids who just picked up a guitar and play a Gothenburg riff with his friend that plays sloppy blast beats.

LOL

I also remember when Katatonia was a featured band on myspace a while back.

I saw that multple times do to my addiction to myspace, luckily now I am myspace free and I have never looked back.

Myspace is great for checking out full songs of bands you are interested in, I have found alot of good music that way. It is spam-filled to the brim though, even carries over to UM forums!