Myspace Music help... adding music

satanicnugz

Blast Beats 4 Life
Apr 18, 2004
Minot, ND, USA
Hey, I know most of you have Myspace Music profiles for your bands and shit. I am curious, how did you get the mp3 songs to fit? I have a couple songs I want to add to my newly created bandpage but it says the files are to large. They are like 14MB. What did you dudes do to get the files to fit?

Or maybe you didn't have such big songs? But like lots of people have longs songs. Did you just convert the file to a smaller bitrate? My current tunes are at 320k.

Any help is appreciated.

I don't think you CAN add a player to a personal page...it used to be that you could copy the HTML for the player and put it on your page, but they made it so that it doesn't work anymore. you can add individual songs from other ppl's players, I know that.

Babykabob said:
I don't think you CAN add a player to a personal page...it used to be that you could copy the HTML for the player and put it on your page, but they made it so that it doesn't work anymore. you can add individual songs from other ppl's players, I know that.
Agh man, that sucks. I got 2 different bands as long as my own stuff and I want to throw it up on there...

PANTERAaddict101 said:
Agh man, that sucks. I got 2 different bands as long as my own stuff and I want to throw it up on there...

yeh, I remember I used to be able to just copy the HTML code for the flash player on a bands page, and have their whole playlist, but one day it stopped working, and they added that "add a song" feature where you can only put one song on your page...

Babykabob said:
yeh, I remember I used to be able to just copy the HTML code for the flash player on a bands page, and have their whole playlist, but one day it stopped working, and they added that "add a song" feature where you can only put one song on your page...
Well, do you know of a way to add a song that isn't on MySpace? Perhaps I could put a song on to one of my band's pages, add the song to my personal page, and then take it off?

PANTERAaddict101 said:
Perhaps I could put a song on to one of my band's pages, add the song to my personal page, and then take it off?
Nope...it'll only work if the song is still being hosted by myspace.com...they made it so that it HAS to be ON myspace on a bands music page to be able to be on your profile...You could always just CREATE a band profile(under some alias, (i.e. CrotchZombie), upload the song you want onto the band page, and then "ADD" it to your page...I suppose that's a "back door" method...