Mysterious/Unexplained Awesome Stuff

I had terrible terrible experiences all throughout elementary school, my best friend and his whole family has been plagued with paranormal shit forever and i went through a lot of scary/creepy/unexplainable stuff. too long to go through it all right now, but i totally doubted it until i took pictures one day....fuuuu i'll never forget that shit :/

Recently I had this awkward thing happen to me. I had a weird dream from which I woke up rapidly. I seemed to be aware and conscious but my body wasn't. I am pretty sure I wasn't dreaming at that time but my body was completely irresponsive. I tried to turn myself around to see if something is behind me but I could only move my eyes, I was conscious but paralyzed for a brief moment. I could move after about 40 seconds. Pretty strange isn't it?

I thought the stars were grouping together and coming towards Earth to kill us all the night of the Millennium. It may or may not have had something to do with the amount of substances in my body at the time, perhaps we'll never know.

Recently I had this awkward thing happen to me. I had a weird dream from which I woke up rapidly. I seemed to be aware and conscious but my body wasn't. I am pretty sure I wasn't dreaming at that time but my body was completely irresponsive. I tried to turn myself around to see if something is behind me but I could only move my eyes, I was conscious but paralyzed for a brief moment. I could move after about 40 seconds. Pretty strange isn't it?

Actually the body paralyzes you essentially during sleep, it's really common to wake up and still be paralyzed for a short amount of time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

Years ago around the time that my mother and I left my father we moved into a homeless shelter and were there for approximately a month. I don't know so much if it is an important detail, but I've always felt it to be.

This shelter was part of a former mental asylum (Eloise) where experiments were performed on the patients, etc. and after they died they were buried in unnamed graves marked only with a number.

But anyways, I understand that being as young as I was seeing things after moving out of the home I lived in for 3 months and into a completely unfamiliar place would seem normal, but to me what I will be describing seemed so real (and I was NOT the only one who saw it.)

I remember quite vividly lying in bed - cuddling in my blanket - staring up at the ceiling and then feeling very cold, not so much externally but it felt as if my insides were being frozen and then my spine got a major chill through it and this gaseous, black mist seemed to form above me at the very height of the room. I naturally became very scared and hid under my blanket until I fell asleep.

I didn't want to say anything to my mother so I let it be, but it continued for the entire length of time I spent there. Every night the black mist would appear.

Years later I finally discussed it with my mother and she told me she had seen the same thing, and said that after we got our own apartment that it had followed us and would do the same thing in her room.

After she met my stepfather she mentioned it never came around, and it didn't follow us to our new home.

Weeird.

It's a fairly common phenomenon, Mort. I think it's called sleep paralysis: when you can't move a muscle, and there's this feeling of impending doom or some sort of danger pressuring you.
I've had this happen numerous times to me as a kid when I went to bed feeling distraught/nervous about something, or being ill.
Several times I experienced it as an adult as well: a few years ago, for instance. It's just a sign of prolonged anxiety.

That mist was probably just your imagination making up phantom shapes in the dark.
Besides, the mental asylum setting is creepy as it is already.

I've had the strangest nightmares as a kid. Like, for example I dreamt that a runaway locomotive with eyes is gonna devour me. Or I had these strange dreams within dreams. I would often awaken in cold sweat only to realize that I'm still dreaming because as a kid I always retreated to the safety of my parents' bedroom when something spooked me at night, but sometimes the path was blocked with strange obstacles. Like, in one such layered dream I tripped on a huge carrot while running for the bedroom, and fell through the floor into darkness.

Hey, there's been an update on Perelman this week:

Grigori Perelman, Reclusive Russian Math Genius, Refuses $1 Million Prize

Dr Grigori Perelman, a reclusive Russian genius, is refusing to accept the prestigious $1 million "Millennium" mathematics prize awarded by the Clay Mathematics Institute in Cambridge, MA.

Perelman was awarded the prize for solving the one-hundred-year-old Poincaré conjecture, one of the most complicated mathematical problems in the world - so complex, in fact, that after Perelman posted his proofs in 2002 it took several years for other experts to confirm he was correct.

Now Perelman's refusal to accept the prize - the second prestigious prize he has refused - has led some to examine his unorthodox life and dub him "Mathsputin."

The 44-year-old Perelman currently resides with his mother and sister in his hometown of St. Petersberg, living extremely humbly. One neighbor told a Moscow newspaper, "He always wears the same tatty coat and trousers. He never cuts his nails or beard. When he walks he simply stares at the ground, rather than looking from side to side."

Another neighbor told of a time she had visited Perelman's apartment due to problems with cockroaches.

"I was once in his flat and I was astounded," she said. "He only has a table, a stool and a bed with a dirty mattress which was left by previous owners -- alcoholics who sold the flat to him."

After performing some teaching in American universities in 2003, Perelman has apparently given up on mathematics, dismayed at the intellectual and moral failings of his peers. Instead, according to reports, he likes to play table tennis against a wall in his apartment. "You are disturbing me. I am picking mushrooms," he told a journalist who managed to get in touch with him.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/janine-r-wedel/emshadow-eliteem-march-to_b_512697.html

I get sleep paralysis often. Well, if I sleep on my back then I'm basically guaranteed to get it.

:erk: It really makes me sick. The paralysis is bad enough, but I'll get all those twisted hallucinations and experiences with it. I only get extreme nightmares with sleep paralysis, and dreams and reality will progressively start blending in together. Dreams will then feel more like reality, and reality will become more like a dream...if that makes sense. I've had dreams where I was convinced it was reality, in real time.

It's all very hard to explain but my dreams will start off normally but over time I'll notice little insignificant things that will stand out to me, but in an very ominous way. They'll progressively get darker and stranger until my mind will clue in that it's one of those dreams. At which point it becomes unbearable. Sometimes I think my own mind is trying to harm myself and often things brought up are very personal.

Eventually I'll open my eyes, lying there paralyzed while my mind is still dreaming. There's only the ability to move eyes/eyelids. Not being able to move my neck is just a sick feeling. Then I'll get this affect similar to going on a rollercoaster except instead of me feeling like I'm moving forward at high speeds, I'm stationary and everything around me is moving towards me incredibly fast. Sometimes I'll feel a chill sweep over me also, and sometimes headrushes follow...really not cool and that's not the worst part. Really awful things can occur here because even though I'm now partially conscious, my mind/body still reacts as if everything that's happening is real! So you can actually see and hear things that aren't really there but are being created by your mind, but it's nearly impossible to tell because we as people rely on vision/hearing so much. My level of fear then (involuntarily) skyrockets and it's best not to think about breathing because it will only become more difficult if with a sense of panic.

At this point you can only hope that you wake up completely asap. The worst case scenario is when you're very tired and your eyelids are heavy, tempting you to fall back asleep again...and eventually repeat everything all over again.

One time I was having a dream just talking to a friend and I was halfway through saying the words "sleep paralysis" before realizing the mistake I was about to make by mentioning it as would soon trigger sleep paralysis. Very strange how this sort of stuff works. :lol:

I'm actually quite fascinated with this phenomenon and dreams, in general.

All sorts of distortions of reality, deja vu-s, etc.

I recall vividly one Saturday morning when I woke up and had this strange feeling of warped reality for several hours. I could feel like someone is watching me, had this strange gut sensation, and my perception of dimensions and sounds was distorted.For instance, when my father talked ro me on that day, he appeared to be standing farther than he was,as if his figure was awkwardly positioned in space(kinda hard to explain), and his voice came off echoing as if it was coming from the other end of some long hallway.
I was terrified as fuck, needless to say.

I know for sure it wasn't a dream because a few hours later the feeling passed.

I am also certain I wasn't drinking the night before.

I'm actually quite fascinated with this phenomenon and dreams, in general.

All sorts of distortions of reality, deja vu-s, etc.

I recall vividly one Saturday morning when I woke up and had this strange feeling of warped reality for several hours. I could feel like someone is watching me, had this strange gut sensation, and my perception of dimensions and sounds was distorted.For instance, when my father talked ro me on that day, he appeared to be standing farther than he was,as if his figure was awkwardly positioned in space(kinda hard to explain), and his voice came off echoing as if it was coming from the other end of some long hallway.
I was terrified as fuck, needless to say.

I know for sure it wasn't a dream because a few hours later the feeling passed.

I am also certain I wasn't drinking the night before.

I find this sort of stuff fascinating also.

Recently had this dream where all I remember are these two heads, one was inside the other and it kept pushing through it's throat and eating the other head. It was like a cycle. It almost reminded me of the ending to terminator 2 where the one terminator falls into the fire. It was sort of like that only instead of metal and fire it was just gore. There was not much blood though, like two tissue-y manikin heads. The rest of the "body" as well as the surroundings is a blur to me. The thing that was strange is how it felt. It was like looking through a scope from my dream into what felt like reality. It was like my immediate surroundings felt hazy and prosthetic, while the main image was clear and felt like cold air coming through an open window.
This is the third time I can remember actually feeling things in a dream.

I lol'd at Perelman's statement about his peers. Partially because I agree with him, partially because he that rare combo of insanely good + just insane. I like him from the sound of that article though (I just wish he'd get a better bed and get rid of the roaches.

@Darkbliss: That sounds awesome. I would love to have an experience like that.

Anyone familiar with the Dyatlov Pass incident?

THE SEARCH
The plan had been for the party to return to Vizhai by 12 February, from where Dyatlov would send a telegram to the Institute’s sports club saying that they had arrived safely. No one appeared concerned when the telegram failed to arrive as arranged – after all, these were experienced skiers. It was only on 20 February – when worried relatives of the students raised the alarm – that the Institute sent out a search-and-rescue team of teachers and students, followed by the police and army, who dispatched aeroplanes and helicopters.

The volunteer rescuers found the abandoned camp on 26 February. “We discovered that the tent was half torn down and covered with snow. It was empty, and all the group’s belongings and shoes had been left behind,” said Mikhail Sharavin, the student volunteer who found the tent. It had been cut open from the inside, with slashes big enough for a person to get through. Footprints were discovered in the metre-deep snow, left by people wearing socks, valenki (soft felt boots) or a single shoe, or who were completely barefoot. The footprints were matched to the members of the group, although there was some doubt as to whether they corresponded to eight or nine people; there was no evidence of a struggle, or of other people beside the skiers, and no sign of the students themselves.

The prints led down the slope toward the forest but disappeared after 500m (550 yards). One and a half kilometres from the tent, the first two bodies were discovered. Georgy Krivonischenko and Yury Doroshenko, barefoot and dressed in their underclothes, were found at the edge of the forest, under a towering pine tree. Their hands were burned, and the charred remains of a fire lay nearby. The branches on the tree were broken up to 5m (16ft) high, suggesting that a skier had climbed up to look for something, and other broken branches were scattered on the snow.

A further 300m (1,000ft) onwards, lay the body of Dyatlov, on his back with his face looking in the direction of the camp and with one hand clutching a branch. A further 180m toward the tent, the searchers found Rustem Slobodin, and 150m on from him lay Zina Kolmogorova; both looked as if they had been trying to crawl to the tent with their last remaining strength.

Doctors said all five had died of hypothermia. Only Slobodin bore any injuries other than burnt hands: his skull was fract*ured, although this was not considered to be the cause of his death.

It took two months to locate the remaining four skiers. Their bodies were found buried under 4m (13ft) of snow in a forest ravine, 75m (250ft) away from the pine tree. Nicolas Thibeaux-Brignollel, Ludmila Dubinina, Alexander Kolevatov and Alexander Zolotaryov appeared to have suffered traumatic deaths. Thibeaux-Brignollel’s skull had been crushed, and Dubunina and Zolotarev had numerous broken ribs. Dubinina also had no tongue. The bodies, however, showed no external wounds.

According to writer Igor Sobolyov, who has investigated the deaths, it was also apparent that some of them had taken clothes from the bodies of those who had died first in an attempt to keep warm; some of the garments had cuts in them as if they had been forcibly removed. Zolotaryov was wearing Dubinina’s faux fur coat and hat, while Dubinina’s foot was wrapped in a piece of Krivonishenko’s woollen trousers. Thibeaux-Brignolle had two watches on his wrist – one showed 8.14am, the other 8.39am.

Despite the many unans*wered questions, the investigat*ion was closed by the end of the month and the case files sent to a secret archive. Even more mysteriously, skiers and other adventurers were barred from the area for the next three years.

Full Article:
http://www.forteantimes.com/features/articles/1562/the_dyatlov_pass_incident.html

This may not be the best or most accurate article, I don't know where I first read this so this was just the first article I found on google, and it seemed alright.

Anyone familiar with the Dyatlov Pass incident?

Full Article:
http://www.forteantimes.com/features/articles/1562/the_dyatlov_pass_incident.html

This may not be the best or most accurate article, I don't know where I first read this so this was just the first article I found on google, and it seemed alright.

I didn't see this earlier! That is weird.

It reminded me of another mystery I'm fasincated by: Franklin's Lost Expedition.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franklin's_lost_expedition

Something like a month ago my family and I witnessed what could probably be a UFO. It was dark/late at night so you could only see two twinkling lights in the sky, but it was patrolling the sky above our neighborhood for a good ten minutes or so, gliding/going back and forth. We could see a faint outline of the object; it appeared round. We wanted to videotape it, but the camera was on low on batteries at the time. A few other people saw it as well.

During summer last year, my family and I also witnessed what could have been a UFO. Very interesting stuff.