Mystic Circle (ger) Australian tour kicks off

krematory

New Metal Member
Apr 30, 2003
Germanys Black/Death band Mystic Circle begin their Australian tour this weekend

Dates as follows

Brisbane - sunday 28th september
mary st niteclub w/ Abortus, Sakkuth, and The Vatican Method
$25, doors 6pm

Adelaide - friday 3rd october
enigma bar w/ Abortus, Slaughter Thou, and Deluge
$25, doors 8pm

Melbourne - Saturday 4th october
Metallic Hellfire Festival
the espy w/ Abortus, Astriaal, Gospel Of The Horns + 11 more bands
$35, doors 12 midday

Newcastle - Thrusday 9th october
cambridge hotel w/ Abortus, Ebolie, and Descend
$25, doors 8pm

Sydney - Friday 10th october
BJ's niteclub w/ Abortus, Grenade, and Lycanthia
$25, doors 8pm

Canberra - Saturday 11th october
rock ape w/ Abortus, Demonikus, and Shatterwrath
$25, doors 8pm

Koichi said:
I was gunna go, but I'm going fishing now instead.

I'm so fuckin metal.
You soft cock, Koichi!
I's will be there, most likely I's will be working, but I's will also be there to help my's boys -Demonikus- load up and set up.
It would take a bit to stop I from attending!
Should be a good show. Heard good things 'bout Mystic Cricle and can't wait to hear them.
Peace
The Pimp NeonBlack

Well.. the Brisbane leg is over, and let's just say we probably would've had a better response playing at a retirement village.

The whole 22 payers through the door came into action after a Sakkuth song ended and not one clap was heard throughout the enture venue. Abortus didn't get much of a response, and Mystic Circle only had people in front of the stage because Mark (singer) threatened to stop playing!

Let's just hope we get a better response in Adelaide and Melbourne so that these guys and more bands like them are encouraged to come back!

So if you're in Adelaide, Melbourne, Newcastle, Sydney or Canberra.. get your asses to the show!

I was in two minds as to whether i would like MC or not, but after seeing the first show, i know i'll be glued to the next couple of sets. It's a little more thrashy than your average black metal.. but still has plenty of brutal BM force!

Chow Mai Dong said:
Errrr... 22 payers? Holy crap. Was there much promotion for this tour in Brisbane? It's a bit whacked when an international band can't pull as many as even a local gig.
Should have seen Incantation play Canberra.
30-something payers.
Tuesday night.
Mid-winter.
Lack luster promotion.
Apathetic crowd.
No information of the band what-so-ever from any of the promoters, websites, radio, etc.
You guys do the maths as to how the gig went down.

But it was quite funny because many people in Canberra said that they would catch them at Blood Lust in Sydney, but Incantation had a little car accident (which was not their fault) which renendered them totally unable to play. Which was a pity, because they were nice guys and good band (despite no one knowing any of their songs).
Oh, well.
Lets hope MC have better luck. At least they're playing on a weekend in Canberra, which may help get some curio money through the door.
Peace
The Pimp NeonBlack

Mystic circle is next weekend not this one, so I'll be going.

Gigs on a weeknight are bound to fail compared to weekend ones, people have jobs they need to go to.

Too bad... I would have gone to the Brisbane show, but i'm in Melbourne for the w/end.

How was Mary Street as a venue? I like the place, it has a better feel than the Arena, more suited for a metal show

With all due respect to the people who keep trying so hard to make shows like this a success, but how, when a show featuring Cryptopsy and Marduk can barely move 300 tickets, can we expect shows by bands even more underground than them to be successful? It's good to see that bands are coming here and that people are willing to bring them out, but it must be remembered that the scene for such underground acts is very, very small. Promotion, however, it also a key. No one will go to a gig if they don't know it's on. Ads in the street press aren't cheap ($200 - 300 for a quarter page or something), but they're far more effective than just posting the details on a webpage somewhere and hoping people will see it.

hibernal_dream said:
How was Mary Street as a venue? I like the place, it has a better feel than the Arena, more suited for a metal show
Mary St seemed to be a fuckin great venue... plenty of room, pool tables, attractive barmaids :D . It's just a pity it was empty!

In response to Gore's comments.. i agree, MC aren't a band that's going to pull a crowd over here (hell, i had never even heard of them until i joined Abortus). But bad promotion and a sunday night gig were still the main causes for the lack of people in brisbane (in my opinion).

Adelaide had a slightly bigger crowd (but they went fucking ballistic!) and the Metallic Hellfire 3 festival was pretty successful too, even though there were less punters than everyone expected... and that gig was promoted pretty well.

Anyway.. Newcastle on thursday.. i haven't played up there yet, so i don't know what to expect.. but it should be a great night none the less.

Here's a pic of us on Coolangatta beach :headbang: .. i guess you could say we kinda stood out :D

http://www.mystic-circle.de/pics/aussi1.jpg

the simple fact is people that there is not much of a market for that kind of extreme underground music, pure and simple!!! i worked for a record company for 1 year selling that kind of thing and really, not many people are buying it at all!! and the reason it isn't being sold is lack of promotion, i mean who the fuck out side of the extreme metal underground knows who MC are, this is a band who has no real profile over here so what did the promoters expect, "book them and they will come"?????? please!! sorry guys but if no one knows a band then the chances of people showing up to their gigs is rather low!

alpha666 said:
the simple fact is people that there is not much of a market for that kind of extreme underground music, pure and simple!!! i worked for a record company for 1 year selling that kind of thing and really, not many people are buying it at all!! and the reason it isn't being sold is lack of promotion, i mean who the fuck out side of the extreme metal underground knows who MC are, this is a band who has no real profile over here so what did the promoters expect, "book them and they will come"?????? please!! sorry guys but if no one knows a band then the chances of people showing up to their gigs is rather low!
Still, by Touring Australia the band is getting much greater coverage, promotion, attention etc than they would from the Australian Scene if they stayed over in Germany, I'm sure if they return to tour our shores at a later date the turn up will increase. It is a shame responce is small, but I remember in a Nevermore interview that they said the only way to sell albums in Australia is by touring Australia. Sadly life is hard the the best music in the World!