Mystic Circle (ger) Australian tour kicks off

Dark Inspirations said:
It is a shame responce is small, but I remember in a Nevermore interview that they said the only way to sell albums in Australia is by touring Australia.
That's true. When Nevermore toured back in 99 the crowds weren't much bigger than at a decent local show, but if they toured now they'd fill everywhere they played. I'm not sure if the same would be the case for Mystic Circle, because they don't have quite the same commercial appeal as Nevermore do, but it has been known to work. Just ask Fear Factory.

Goreripper said:
That's true. When Nevermore toured back in 99 the crowds weren't much bigger than at a decent local show, but if they toured now they'd fill everywhere they played. I'm not sure if the same would be the case for Mystic Circle, because they don't have quite the same commercial appeal as Nevermore do, but it has been known to work. Just ask Fear Factory.

Mystic Circle are shite...I cant remember anything off that fuckin Damien album.

Why doest someone bring out a real metal band like Brocas Helm or better still The Lord Weird Slough Feg.

Mike

Wes evening - Drinkin Bundy and coke and listening to Obtest......

There was hardly anyone at the Melbourne show. It was quite strange really to have 14 bands and only about 100 people there (if that).

Fuck I was drunk by the end though. And I was so sick of drum sound checks I couldn't listen to metal for about 48 hours afterwards.

Good gig though, I have to say.

Well.. that's it, tour's over!

I don't think you'd say it was successful.. but then again, i wouldn't say it failed. I suppose you could say they were just testing the water.. and next time they'll hopefully dive all the way in!

The boys will more than likely be back around the same time next year to try it again... although next time there will be a few changes to the way things are done.

Firstly we will be taking the booking and promotion into our own hands (so we don't end up playing on a sunday in brisbane). We will also be reducing the entry fee. (better to have 100 people pay $15-20 rather than 20 people pay $25.)

There is also a possibility of there being a New Zealand leg of the tour.

Mark from Mystic Circle said that if the shows don't go well next time... even after we've done all the promotion and proper planning (something this tour lacked immensely) then they know that they don't have a big enough following in Oz and won't bother coming back.