N00by question

docwright15

New Metal Member
Oct 28, 2010
I am going to "n00b" this forum up!

what does it mean to highpass or lowpass?

now is there a VST that you can do this? or is this part of regular EQ.

Please don't pick, I have already searched the forum the best I could and couldn't find any explanation that actually made it clear, because I know that's what a lot of people do on this forum is bash on people when they ask questions.

I am pretty sure it doesn't mean to use that, and I already did use that and I found some explanations but NOT good ENOUGH ones. Dude, I wasn't born yesterday...I just need a better understanding thats all

haha, good sense of humor, (no like...seriously) but uhm I would like a good vst, any ideas?

I am pretty sure it doesn't mean to use that, and I already did use that and I found some explanations but NOT good ENOUGH ones. Dude, I wasn't born yesterday...I just need a better understanding thats all

You don't just need a better understanding, you need to stop being so lazy. I used the search and turned up pages of threads dealing with hi / low pass filtering and uses / explanations ...

If you don't even understand the concept of them, how are you in a position to judge if the explanations are good enough?

Start searching and reading, stop being lazy and stop trolling. In the time it took you to reply a couple times in this thread you could have found your answers ... I'm sorry, a BETTER UNDERSTANDING of how to use them

and trust me if I was lazy, I wouldn't have posted a question instead i would have googled it.....which I DID do so I did BOTH....I don't think I am lazy.

I DID help you dude ... I gave a link to the better search function, not the in-built forum one. You just haven't used it cause you want someone to just give you your answer here without putting any effort or energy into finding it yourself.

Its becoming more and more obvious that you're just trolling and that being the case, you won't be around much longer

no the thank you part was serious man, I meant it, I know I could have done more research on it, but I have things to do today, like I go to college full time and I only have a small window of time to mix and stuff. I am sorry if I p*ss*d anyone off, and now that I am typing here now, and the half hour we have been going back and forth yes I could have searched more in dept, and I should be working, BUT I guess this happened. No hard feelings, thanks for the help, next time I will do more research, just please, the bashing could be a little less hardcore, this forum is to help and guide even if the questions are stupid or obvious, it is for helping not putting people in positions to defend themselves, I know I wouldn't ever bash anyone on this forum. It's not what it is here for. sorry for the annoyance though bro.

Don't worry about it .. just keep in mind, as busy as you may be most of us are just as busy. That being the case its appreciated when we at least feel like a person has put in some effort into finding answers for themselves amongst the GIANT store of knowledge contained in this forum. I wasn't being a dick when I posted the search link, I was simply giving you a much better option / tool to use for finding plenty of answers to your question. Since its not a sticky unto itself, I posted the link cause not everyone would know where to find it although, like most sites, FAQ is ALWAYS a good place to look for what you already knew to be a pretty "noob" question ;)

And for the record, there was no bashing done ... trust me, last thing ANYONE wants is Guru lettin loose :p

(kidding Jay)

highpass = cuts the lows and let's the highs pass.

lowpass = cuts the highs and lets the lows pass.

:)

Thank you Tim for coming in and fucking us all
facepalm.gif

You weren't a recipient of tough love were you?