NAILED SKULL - releases - 2007

blackart

New Metal Member
May 24, 2007
black-art.deviantart.com
http://www.nailedskull.com/releases.htm

300ns001cover.gif

[NS001] v/a - Nails to your Skull

“Life is like a box of chocolates” – Forrest Gump’s mom would have said – “You never know what you’re gonna get”.
This was just the kind of thought that drove through our minds when we started our netlabel experience some weeks ago. First it was the myspace, then the site and now the release. I guess life is really like a box of chocolate. And Nailedskull Records is a very good one.

But let’s stop these all-emotive scattered thoughts. Now it’s time to celebrate our first release called “Nails To Your Skull”.

Nails To Your Skull – Twenty-one nails, to be exact – means a lot in the Portuguese underground metal scene and also in the entire netlabel concept. When we arrive here I write that we were ready to quaver. Now, more than ready, we’re quavering in the exactly second you’re reading this. But it also means something more personal, cause this skull bone represents the way we watch the all world and, as you can see, we are the nails perforating the hard-bone surface, connecting you with some unique sounds from all over our planet.

Don’t forget one thing. Music isn’t in you or in me. Music spreads in this space between us. In this path, which is, right now, linking my computer keys to your eyes. So stop reading me. I really mean it. Stop reading me and get connected with all the great music we could send you. My soul, in this moment, seems like a drum pounding heavier than ever. What about yours?

300ns002frontcover.gif

[NS002] Requiem Laus - Requiem Laus

“Do not return. If you can bear to, stay dead with the dead. The dead have their own tasks. But help me, if you can without distraction, as what is farthest sometimes helps: in me.”

Rainer Maria Rilke in Requiem for a friend

When I first heard about Requiem Laus, to be absolutely honest, I didn’t thought about Mozart’s Requiem. Well, I really wasn’t thinking about a lot of stuff, but one of the things I recall is that I felt like their music reminded me this astonishing poem I quoted. If you want to spend some of your time with my words, you will find that “Requiem” isn’t the only thing connecting Requiem Laus and this poem.

You’re reading this, right? I assume you want to know what I have to tell you about Requiem Laus and some lyrical interpretation. So, for start, let me invite you to download the second Nailedskull release, which is a five-song demo EP by Requiem Laus. Now – as you’re listening to that five songs – you will understand better what I’m trying to say.

300ns003frontcover.gif

[NS003] Balfor - Pure Barbaric

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."

"The Tower of the Elephant", Robert E. Howard, Weird Tales.

So as you all know, this is Nailed Skull´s 3rd official release and once again we are very proud of presenting you a top notch deadly Metal offering which comes in the form of Balfor, a well-oiled warmachine that has been annihilating the world with its Black/Death Metal since 1997 and that will surely take the world by storm in no time.

Balfor was formed in a small town of Eastern Ukraine as a side project of Thorgeir Berserk and Svart. The intention from the beginning was to play fast and Melodious Black Metal and that is what they have been doing till today. One listen to their bombastic Pure Barbaric Promo 2006, will take to an epic world of war and ancient savagery.

This hellish influenced devastating deathly machine, will surely rip your guts once you download this four barbaric slabs of Ukranian Metal. Thorgeir Berserks – vocals and guitars, Berowar – bass and Erland – drums, are about to become a force in the Metal world. So be prepared to experience the ultimate Metal experience from Slavonic Barbaric Metal.