Napalm Death - Smear Campaign

Nate The Great

What would Nathan do?
May 10, 2002
www.ultimatemetal.com
I'm always amazed at the output of Napalm Death. They are approaching like 50 years old, but they sound more pissed and aggressive then all the wee lads. This new one is super good, and I'm not that big of a fan. I don't know if any of you tree-hugger-metal fans are into this, but for a good aggressive metal album, you should get your hands on this. I guess it is still called grind, but they have moved beyond the mundane stuff that they did in the mid 90's.

i dug enemy of the music business and order of the leech. i thought their second album, something devastation, equalled boogers.

their last one is güüt, prolly check this one out

saw them live a while back with kreator i think, it ruleleleed

i'm actually wearing my ND shirt right now

What would be a good new-era Napalm Death to check out? Last one I heard was the boner disc split from At the Gates - Slaughter of the Soul, and we're talkin' not long after the release date so it was ages ago.

Their old shit rules immensely. 98.53978% of extreme metal probably wouldn't exist without Scum. :kickass:

bunch of fucking pinks ... you can't reco ND here ... you should know this by now

This has been in near constant rotation for me since it came out. I didn't expect too many folks around here to big on it, but for me this album is killer, could not have imagined this quality of output from a band over twenty years deep in their career.

NADatar said:
What would be a good new-era Napalm Death to check out? Last one I heard was the boner disc split from At the Gates - Slaughter of the Soul, and we're talkin' not long after the release date so it was ages ago.

Their old shit rules immensely. 98.53978% of extreme metal probably wouldn't exist without Scum. :kickass:

Go with Smear Campaign, but really any of their last 3 or so have been very solid.

lurch70 said:
bunch of fucking pinks ... you can't reco ND here ... you should know this by now
Why is that anyhow? That's like disliking Slayer to me. Oh wait. Yet I'm one of the "non-metal" types around here. :headbang:

Okay I'll check out this new one.

Order of the Leech out of the last 4 for me too.. Excellent headbanging :kickass:

I never checked this out, I probably should. Anyone care to comment on the lasting appeal of it before I purchase, or should I just go Order of the Leech?

Also, why is it that Napalm Death gets such little love at RC? That really is gay, we're talking godfathers here.

I actually have this in a fairly regular rotation in my car... I won't say it's their greatest work, but not many other bands can exhibit this much energy, let alone 20 years later... I'd say it's a good 7.5 or 8 out of 10 and worth the purchase.