Nasum sound?

JeroenV

Jan 16, 2008
the Netherlands
Hello,

For the last couple of days, i've been trying to get the "rough sounding grind sound of bands like: Nasum, gadget, etc.

http://www.box.net/shared/qk2dd7m4os

Guitar recorder with a sm57 pointed @ the edge of the conus, i used a line6 spider 2 amp with custom preset,
1 L track
1 R track
1 C track

They all have the tubescreamer over em and i gave it a little more Crunch when mixing.

All comments are welcome!

Dude...

Your key to this is, and allways will be: The Boss HM2 pedal :)
This is grind in a box, i did my bands mcd with it aswell.
You basicly want a granular (if thats right term haha) guitarsound for this kinda stuff! and the hm2 delivers that in truckloads.
So do most sunn amps btw, and at times the Boss Ds 1 and Super distortion work well to with good old marschall amps.

Its cool to use another distortion on bass then you did on guitars, hm2 on both bass and guitar doesn't realy gell!
Check the nasum site btw, its got all the info you need on the "helvete" recordings :) mieszko rocked!

Dude...

Your key to this is, and allways will be: The Boss HM2 pedal :)
This is grind in a box, i did my bands mcd with it aswell.
You basicly want a granular (if thats right term haha) guitarsound for this kinda stuff! and the hm2 delivers that in truckloads.
So do most sunn amps btw, and at times the Boss Ds 1 and Super distortion work well to with good old marschall amps.

Its cool to use another distortion on bass then you did on guitars, hm2 on both bass and guitar doesn't realy gell!
Check the nasum site btw, its got all the info you need on the "helvete" recordings :) mieszko rocked!

+1

The only right pedal for grind and old school death is the Boss HM-2...
As Boss said their selves; "Sound like it was spawned by the devil himself"