Nathan Gale had attacked Dime eight months before 12/8...

johnnieCzech

Your favourite Czech
Feb 5, 2002
Prague
I just read it at a Czech webzine that Nathan Gale first threatened Damageplan show in Cincinnati, eight months before the tragedy occured. He was reported to have broken into the stage, destroyed a part of their PA system and had a fight with security. Anyway, nobody bothered with any lawsuit or anything, so they let him go. Unfortunately.

DiscipleOfThePit said:
It doesn't really matter. The security at the club where Dime was murdered was obviously a total joke and no amount of warning about Nathan would have changed that.

Sadly, very true. :erk:

I wonder why that took so long to become public knowledge. Maybe somebody realized they made a mistake by not doing their job by keeping this guy away.

i read somewhere a guy seen him coming in back stage but didnt stop him because nath was 2 big and let him pass coz he just thought he was a avid fan

DiscipleOfThePit said:
It doesn't really matter. The security at the club where Dime was murdered was obviously a total joke and no amount of warning about Nathan would have changed that.

Dude shut up...They where all friends, everyone on that video or that was at the club can be seen on Watch it Go, They where used to there fans
No one saw it coming,

Do you really think they had a built in radar for that shit

Kat was one of the guys shot ( I dont remember if he was one of the other guys that died) but Dime wasnt the only one that was killed, one of the guys that jumped on Vinnie to protect him is dead ( that big security guard )He reminded me of Big Val

MikeyBong said:
I wonder why that took so long to become public knowledge. Maybe somebody realized they made a mistake by not doing their job by keeping this guy away.

That has been public knowledge for months. My friend was at the Cincy show and said someone was filming it with band permission, so they may actually have him on video.

Sir Phobos said:
Dude shut up...They where all friends, everyone on that video or that was at the club can be seen on Watch it Go, They where used to there fans
No one saw it coming,

Do you really think they had a built in radar for that shit

Nathan jumped a fence and got in the back door of the club with a firearm. You trying to tell me that that isn't shite security?

thank you

is it rumored that he was seen jumping over a fence( now if they had that on tape it would be securities fault)If Jumping a fence is all it would take to get back there I would have done it, but My intentions would have been for an autograph or to hang out with them

Nathan Gale I hope you are in Hell

Sir Phobos said:
thank you

is it rumored that he was seen jumping over a fence( now if they had that on tape it would be securities fault)If Jumping a fence is all it would take to get back there I would have done it, but My intentions would have been for an autograph or to hang out with them

Well, if he didn't jump the fence then he got in through the front door with a gun.

Which is worse?

( sorta chuckling at that )

yeah it is,

I was reading about it in The Dallas Observer ( which is still on my desk at work alng with 2 guitar mags that posted his Dime's last interviews)
They said he went in the front door, They made it sound like he ( didnt run) but still charged through there like a bull,

I dont think he looked that big,( course Im not small)
i used to live in ohio moved from Texas to youngstown actually,just outside of Akron) I lived on YSU campus, Now I had a friend who was backstage with Pantera anytime they where in the area ( he could have been at that show)Columbus isnt that far from Youngstown...
If I still llived there I may have been there .
there wasnt anything anyone could have done in time ( without hearing at least one shot fired to know There was a gun there or who it hit first

Sir Phobos said:
I dont think he looked that big,( course Im not small)
i used to live in ohio moved from Texas to youngstown actually,just outside of Akron) I lived on YSU campus, Now I had a friend who was backstage with Pantera anytime they where in the area ( he could have been at that show)Columbus isnt that far from Youngstown...
If I still llived there I may have been there .
there wasnt anything anyone could have done in time ( without hearing at least one shot fired to know There was a gun there or who it hit first

I remember seeing pictures of NG... he wasn't a small man and he was an ex-marine.

I don't expect those who haven't frequented the Al Rosa Villa over the years to know everything about the place. I'm from Ohio, and I just wanted to state my opinion on some of the things being said...

"Maybe somebody realized they made a mistake by not doing their job by keeping this guy away."

I doubt that anyone involved took the incident in Cincinnati seriously enough to think he was a major threat to Dime. Cincinnati and Columbus are nearly two hours apart, and I also doubt that it crossed anyone's mind that "hey, maybe that crazy guy who got onstage in Cincy four months ago will be here tonight".

"i read somewhere a guy seen him coming in back stage but didnt stop him because nath was 2 big and let him pass coz he just thought he was a avid fan"

I read a quote from a guy who worked at the Al Rosa, and he said that he thought the guy was trying to sneak in, because he didn't want to pay or didn't have the money to pay. He didn't come in backstage, he came in thru a side door off of the patio.

"Nathan jumped a fence and got in the back door of the club with a firearm. You trying to tell me that that isn't shite security?"

Once again, he jumped over the fence, which is well over 6 feet tall, on the side of the club. There is a patio inside the fence where people can hang out during the show. I doubt there were many people outside on the patio, seeing as how this was in December. Still, I am sure the door was still unlocked / open and there was probably not any security at the door. There usually isn't, maybe once in a while someone will check out the patio, but that's it.

"They said he went in the front door"

No, he didn't come in the front door. This club is very small, with a small security crew. There's usually a couple guys outside, but I don't care if there were 100 security guards there, the dude was intent on killing Dimebag. It could have happened with 50 security guards there. There were people chasing him, but they didn't catch him.

Here is a pic from the Columbus Dispatch showing the layout of the club and Gale's path to the stage.

chiefs45177-alrosa2.jpg

Once he jumped the fence and came in the door, he only had a couple hundred feet to get to the stage. When you get next to the sound booth, there are 4 or 5 stairs down to the floor (shown as "mosh pit" on the diagram). From there he went about ten feet then up a couple stairs and around to the stage. The place was not packed, so getting thru the crowd was probably not a problem.

When had someone ever been shot onstage before? No one saw this coming, and I am really tired of hearing about the shitty security. That club is as well secured as any venue of it's size that I have been to. It's a tiny place...only holds 700 people. Not to mention, they had their own security guard. I don't think that he jumped on Vinnie, as someone said. He grabbed ahold of Gale and was shot 3 times during the struggle.

The only person to lay the blame on in this whole tragedy is Nathan Gale (and maybe his moms for buying him the gun).