Nathan Gale had attacked Dime eight months before 12/8...

My friend up there opened his own guitar and custom gear building shop ( Like amps, guitar tech,custom necks) shop,He was in the Army, and after He graduated His Shop was completely opened. He always brought back proof when he hung out with them, ( a pantera show,he met DRAIN sth

I wasnt taking it personally, Its just nice to get some of what eats up a person out right?

jdelpi said:
That has been public knowledge for months. My friend was at the Cincy show and said someone was filming it with band permission, so they may actually have him on video.
That's the first I've heard of it, however I admit to not following the story too closely, the whole thing just made too damn sick to think about it too much. A local radio station was playing the tape of the shooting this morning and I had to turn it off.

chiefs45177 said:
I don't expect those who haven't frequented the Al Rosa Villa over the years to know everything about the place. I'm from Ohio, and I just wanted to state my opinion on some of the things being said...

"Maybe somebody realized they made a mistake by not doing their job by keeping this guy away."

I doubt that anyone involved took the incident in Cincinnati seriously enough to think he was a major threat to Dime. Cincinnati and Columbus are nearly two hours apart, and I also doubt that it crossed anyone's mind that "hey, maybe that crazy guy who got onstage in Cincy four months ago will be here tonight".

"
I see your point, but I wasn't talking about security here, I was actually talking about the police. If this guy had tried something in the past, someone should have been keeping an eye on him when the band was anywhere near him. Maybe I'm being unrealistic, but I think if someone had looked into this guy's behavior, maybe this wouldn't have happened. Anyway, I'm sure you're right, no one took it seriously enogh to worry about it. That's the problem, though, isn't it?

That map is perfect except it says there is a barricade. There's not, you go right up to the stage. But it's a cool place to see shows (well, it was anyway).

I was there. The dude jumped an EIGHT FOOT (maybe 7 - still huge) fence. It was a huge fence. Not an easy task. A security guard did see him, and he chased him through the club. The thing you have to keep in mind:
1. He didn't know he had a gun until he got to the stage.

2. The dude was huge. The show was only 8 bucks. The dude thought it was just some random dude who didn't pay. Nobody wants to lose their teeth or go to the hospital over 8 bucks.

3. The dude ran and once he was at the stage it was too late.

I was there, and I know exactly how it happened. And I don't, not even for one second, blame the security. They did their job and some of them lost their lives trying to stop this. This madman was intent on killing, and that's exactly what he did.

Also, as for the patio, there were actually quite a few people outside. It was December but it was a pretty warm december overall. A dude with a food cart was out on the patio cooking for everyone and we were outside eating (I did twice). I stood in the back right by that patio door most of the night, during all of the local bands' sets, by the restroom chatting with friends. I feel shitty for this because early in the night, I had to ask to go outside the main club entrance to get some food because the patio door wasn't open. After a few people asked, they decided to open that door. Of course, they would have ended up opening it anyway. But these are the negative thoughts that go through your mind after something this awful :( It started to get cold back there by the restrooms and pool tables about a half hour before it all happened and I remember giving some of the club's staff dirty looks and shivering thinking that the door should be closed. I wish I would have said something. It was propped open with a chair so people could keep going out to eat.

MikeyBong said:
I see your point, but I wasn't talking about security here, I was actually talking about the police. If this guy had tried something in the past, someone should have been keeping an eye on him when the band was anywhere near him. Maybe I'm being unrealistic, but I think if someone had looked into this guy's behavior, maybe this wouldn't have happened. Anyway, I'm sure you're right, no one took it seriously enogh to worry about it. That's the problem, though, isn't it?
You're absolutely right, and yet at the same time...that's a tough one. If they watched everyone who showed one bit of wierd behavior like that, they'd be violating a lot of people's right to privacy. I mean, how many drunk dudes at concerts have behavior like he exibited in Cincy that night, 8 months earlier? Probably happens all the time. Just a moron trying to meet the band.

MikeyBong said:

The band never pressed charges against him, so he was obviously never convicted. How are the police in Columbus supposed to be aware of an incident that, in the law's eyes, MAY have happened in Cincinnati eight months ago? And what do you expect them to do, pull some cops off the streets to babysit a small heavy metal show?

jdelpi said:
The band never pressed charges against him, so he was obviously never convicted. How are the police in Columbus supposed to be aware of an incident that, in the law's eyes, MAY have happened in Cincinnati eight months ago? And what do you expect them to do, pull some cops off the streets to babysit a small heavy metal show?
Well, like I said, Maybe I'm being unrealistic.