National Day of Slayer 2007

Aug 25, 2006
http://nationaldayofslayer.org/

National Day of Slayer

June 6th has proven to be a perfect day for Hessians across the country to come together and engage in something upon which we can all agree - listening to Slayer! Finally, one of the most dismissed cultural groups in the world has a holiday to call its own. Join us in our cause to stand unified in our celebration of metal music and let us prove to the rest of society that we too have a voice.

America, Listen to Slayer June 6, 2007

Ah I remember doing this last year. Slayer all day. I'm up in Maine now but I might play some Slayer on my iPod just for the occasion.

Hail Beelzebub.

http://nationaldayofslayer.org/

National Day of Slayer

June 6th has proven to be a perfect day for Hessians across the country to come together and engage in something upon which we can all agree - listening to Slayer! Finally, one of the most dismissed cultural groups in the world has a holiday to call its own. Join us in our cause to stand unified in our celebration of metal music and let us prove to the rest of society that we too have a voice.

America, Listen to Slayer June 6, 2007

How wonderful that they're advocating vandalism, and associating themselves with the graffiti-ing of a church last year.

Fucking idiots.

They sure didn't promote this as much as last year, maybe because there was no album release hype to ride. Oh well, it's a nice gesture.

How wonderful that they're advocating vandalism, and associating themselves with the graffiti-ing of a church last year.

Fucking idiots.
Right, metal is about following all the rules! :kickass: ( :confused: )

...you know that Slayer isn't behind that site, right? ;)

I had to give blood today at the hospital when I saw the calender and saw what day it was. Well I am listening to Slayer now.

Metal isn't 'about' anything. It's music.
Music can, in fact, be about things. Slayer's music, for instance, is about a mindset that is not dissimilar to that of the "destructive asshole".

That doesn't detract from the stupidity of much of that website.
If the use of the word "hessian" didn't tip you off, the "stupidity" in presentation and tone is quite likely intentional.