Native Blood single

one man

Jul 4, 2002
Poland
Visit site
The Native Blood single is getting released not only online, but also in hard copy, which is a great thing (I think it's the first one since Dog Faced Gods, isn't it?). However, it seems that only on vinyl, at least for now:

http://www.nuclearblast.de/en/products/tontraeger/vinyl/7-ep/testament-native-blood-clear-vinyl.html.

Does anyone know whether it will be released on CD too or not? I really want to buy it, but would rather have a CD I can listen to than a vinyl to put on a shelve (I don't have a record player, but I bought Live in Eindhoven on vinyl, and still need to buy Trial by Fire one day, but these are from the 80's). In my opinion the singles should be released on CD these days even in a limited number of copies.

BTW, still no sample of the song outside the iTunes?

Yeah, how dare a format that's been around way longer have singles released on it.

CD singles are a waste too. Full albums and EPs or bust.

Ok, the sample is on amazon too. Judging by it and by the video shoot recording it will be a very strong and very melodic song. Sounds great to me.

Actually, I think it was July 20th initially (a week before the European release), but it's changed to July 24th now. Hopefully this will coincide with the premiere of the video. It seems that there will be no CD release. There are three versions of the single (different colours of the vinyl), each limited to 250 copies. Too bad.

Here's a very cool behind the scenes video from the "Native Blood" video shoot! :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Native Blood is a great single, probably not the best song on the album but a strong punch in the face anyway, the version of the song in Spanish just blew my head; I'm a Spanish speaker and listening to Chuck's voice singing in my language for the first time in the 20 years I've been a fan, was out of this world :worship:, and let me tell you, he pulled it off nicely and the translation was very very close to the original. I just love it when bands do this kind of things :headbang: