Ne Obliviscaris

Carta's

Carta's > Sex
Haven't found a thread about them with the search function. Anyway, I know most of you know and love these guys, but for those who don't know yet, check out their demo "The Aurora Veil", great record.
Anyway, on to the reason why I opened this.
Seems like they're having their full lenght recorded later this year, according to their home page: [found at www.neobliviscaris.com]

Ne Obliviscaris Announce New Guitarist

After a worldwide search lasting over 9 months that saw guitarists audition from across Australia, the USA and Europe, we are very pleased to be able to announce the arrival of Benjamin Baret, from Bordeaux, France as Ne Obliviscaris' new lead guitarist!
An extraordinary musician that we feel will fit in perfectly with this band, Benjamin will be moving to Australia shortly to start preparing for the bands return to the live scene and the recording of our debut full length album in late 2008, set for a worldwide release early 2009 through an as yet undetermined label.

First, congratulations on finding the new guitarist (and he's French, those guys are really ambitious if they look for foreign bandmates when their still so underground).
Second, I'm already droolin' thinking what a full album of theirs would look (sound) like. If it gets even slightly better then "The Aurora Veil" then it will almost surely be the album of 2009.

They sound totally amazing, I love their stuff! Quality song writing with plenty of innovative elements, greatly executed. I'd love to know where to get the demo EP from...didn't see any info regarding that on their website.

As much as I can't wait for their full length. It will have to be pretty fucking incredible to be album of the year. A lot of good bands are releasing next year. 09 should be better than 08 iyam as all the bands who released great material in 07 a lot of them release every 2 years. If it's a step up from the EP it will be pretty great. I was speaking to Pethical about this in Sydney at the Opeth gig (hes friends with them) and apparently the guitarist is a very logical and clever choice. They have done a few rehearsals so far. I'm seeing Ne O and SMV play next month ;), but you'd beat off over that ey carta's :)?

Not long to go either. My Mrs & I booked our flights ages ago, a weekend away is going to be nice. NeO, plus the next day, good coffee and some kickass hot soups in Flinders Ln, can't wait. Sydney blows bigtime and I'm always happy to get out of here. I'm bringing my camera. Look for a tall dark dude with shoulder length black hair in a Nortt Galgenfrist shirt (well, most likely Nortt anyway, I might change my mind :lol: ).

Thirded. Cliché I know but it will surely dominate.

Hell yes. Last gig at the Espy sure did, I headbanged like a mofo. My chiro might not like me if I go nuts again though :erk:

I discovered Ne Obliviscaris live in the Arthouse, many years ago. And I've been obsessed with them ever since, and very impatiently waiting on their first album. It's taken them so long. But I was so totally blown away by that first live performance, that i actually can't remember what band they were supporting??? The Eternal perhaps. And they're nice guys too.

I find their demo doesn't do them justice from what I saw live. So I hope their first album has suitable production, because their music is truly epic.

Actually, maybe i should come and see em live again! But that means i'd have to leave my cave!! <.<

I also can't wait for the album, and really looking forward to seeing them in October, especially with SMW.

A few of my friends really don't like NeO, or at least have trouble getting into them, which I find pretty sad. In my opinion they're one of the most original metal bands to come out of the local (or dare I say international) scene of recent.

They do have a backlash for some reason: the people who don't like them (god knows why, idiots!) don't just "casually not like them", but rather really can't stand them. Quite polarised. Odd.

They do have a backlash for some reason: the people who don't like them (god knows why, idiots!) don't just "casually not like them", but rather really can't stand them. Quite polarised. Odd.

Definitely. Though it's not really that odd I guess...their sound can be 'challenging' to some extent, especially when compared to many bands out there. They're one of those bands that you really have to spend time to listen to in order to fully appreciate; not too unlike Opeth, which is probably why a lot of Opeth fans also like NeO.