Nearfest - Other NY show possible?

N

NoRehearsal

I am so glad to hear Enchant is playing at Nearfest. When I went earlier this year to see Porcupine Tree, I was telling my friends about Enchant and how I wished you guys were one of the acts. Although I'm a musician and big fan of progressive rock, I need to see bands that have good songwriting & melodies .. and know how to end a song when it should be over. These are qualities that set Enchant apart from most of the acts I saw this year (perhaps all except for Porcupine Tree).

I'm not sure if you will be headlining or not (you should be!!!), but I hope in either case you will consider playing a club in NY like the Bottom Line so that fans can get to see a full Enchant show in a small venue. Thanks for all the great music!

Hey No Rehearsal I love your handle that is great!
And thanks a bunch for your kind words!

In response to your questions? I certainly hope we will be playing as many East Coast Shows as possible! Including New York! It will depend on the tour if it happens? We are hopeful it will! We are very exited about touring the states finally! we shall see? We hope to be supporting our next release and performing J9 or D10 stuff as well! We will be putting 110% into the Nearfest Show headlining or not? It does not matter, some times the headliners get the short end of the stick when it is a long night? people get tired? especially at a prog type show? too many notes if you you what I mean?

I have to say it is great to hear someone recognize songwriting as key in the big picture! I am a big fan of progressive rock, as well bur echo the fact that I appreciate bands that have good songwriting

Hello Ed. Thanks alot for replying. It's cool to see that a band I love also has down-to-earth members. I'm really looking forward to the show, and very glad to hear you'll be doing some J9 or 10 - that is one CD I'm having trouble removing from the CD player (speaking of great songwriting).

You are right about the headlining, and I know exactly what you mean about "too many notes" (cool reference). It seems like some bands go out of their way to make songs extra long just to be 'progressive'. There are many great long songs, but it shouldn't be a requirement. There was one band that performed 4-5 songs in an hour & 15 minutes - that was too many notes for me.

By the way, in case you dont know there is an older Enchant web site (based on Break artwork) still up. I had some trouble finding this one, but got to it thru a SymphonyX link.