Nearfest bootleg I keep hearing about!

I also am the type who will buy anything Enchant...can't understand when people here say that they weren't going to buy the LaL cd, but since the dvd was messed up, they'd buy the cd... :err: I would also like to see the Calprog show released, Doug. Okay? Rough, raw, WHATEVER! Just get it out to us!:Spin:

Thanks,
Kristin
Via pushy dragon

Honestly, i was nervous to respond to the attention my review had drawn, but i felt the need.

Regarding my review: My satisfaction with the 'Live at Last' album can never be harmed no matter what some may think. I gave this disc the rating i did with much reason. Lyrics in the liner of a live album?... I believe this is a first! Ok, i'm not gonna repeat my review. hehe

I do feel i should apologize for any "disturbing" feelings, this was very much not my intention. For i am such a fan of the band's, i can't even explain how i felt knowing the members actually saw my review (though, OVERWHELMED comes to mind, LOL!). This causes me to thank the band for their fan appreciation, which is something sorely missed in the world of rock music if you ask me.

I'll reinterate now what i meant more in depth by the Nearfest 2002 bootleg reference. The audience is well heard (even a single fan's voice), and it makes this feel more live in my mind. Then, there's obviously no intention of this recording being released, thus, the band sounds very relaxed. Plus, to me, "Prognosis" is a better live instrumental choice than "Protology" (though i understand, new material is meant for a new release and i AM aware this really doesn't have anything to do with the matter). Also, personally i hear each instrument equally more throughout the bootleg than the live release, believe it or not. Though they are few and far between, there are moments i lose sight of the drums on the 'Live at Last' release. In hindsight, i guess i should say, that both are great for what they are; the bootleg is a great bootleg and the live album is a great live album. Lastly on this subject, i wanna say, none of these comments change how much i respect and enjoy anything/everything Enchant releases (or at times, doesn't release).

Concerning my download: I can't recall specifically from whom i got this download, but i downloaded it at WinMX probably over a year ago. Though i downloaded each track individually, once i recorded them onto a disc in their proper order, it was obvious there wasn't a second missed. I'm refusing to share this bootleg in hopes that the band decides to release it themselves in the future, so please do not expect a response requesting me to share it! And though i've downloaded it, you can be sure if it's ever released, i'll be sure to buy it! Along with 'Live at Last', this is a show that needs to be heard!

P.S.-if you're still reading, i'd like some clearing up on another download i found long ago, as i'm not sure if the title is correct....Enchant performing Alice in Chains' "Would" with Mike Portnoy on drums?
P.P.S.-sorry such a long post, HAHA!!!

Drummer Boy

No apoligies neccasary man, its just a matter of opinion and preferance, the fact you wrote in at all is huge and appreciated. We were just having some fun with that and I think from our take it was arough show. Mark is a guitartist / keyboardist that was filling in and did a great job but that was tough. There was a lot of "ROUGH :) " parts! I think one of my toughest gigs, Seans first with the band, my first show in years with them well Ted and Doug? we were all a bit rusty and there were lots of technical problems. My Pedals broke right before the show and I had to grab another strange set right before going on, Mark had to basically rebuild his Keyboard right before going on as well. It was stressful and we were not exactly at our best. But we overcame it? so anyhow it maybe that it is just kind of rough for us, the camera angles and panning was aweful too, like Doug said all over the place at all the wrong times. The sound is not all that bad though, and the energy of being a little nervous and the exitement of not knowing how we would pull it off comes out in the energy and makes it kind of cool. In a very strange way! The backdrop was cool though.

The venue was only half full as well, the progsnogs were off meeting Nectar or something? the venue was left with a lot of incredible people that more than made up for that however. I would love to be able to go back and do that one again NF someday with the complete line up now in game shape! it would be a lot differant!

It is what it is Luther :) maybe thats the title with the thong shots! I missed that one Jim! fortunatly! although I have lots of that kind of footage for the Enchant story someday! Yikes!

NP : The Dregs, Rock and Roll Park!

Just one more post for this subject. To Ed, it's great to imagine an even better Nearfest performance. Also, though i've never seen the 2002 video footage, i'm sure if the band decides to release the audio, fans will agree, that evening's performance was a diamond in the "rough"!