Necromantia... Anyone know 'em?

Umodian

Satanic as Hell
Aug 16, 2011
Denmark
This may be a long shot... But does anyone know if the newer re-issued editions come with the old cover artwork? This may be a silly thing, but artwork means a lot to me, and the new artwork just doesn't hold a candle to the original stuff IMO.

Just wondering... I'll probably still get their stuff since I like what I've heard, but would just make it that much better if I could get it with the original cover artwork as well.

And just for anyone interested in the band..
They're a Black Metal band from Greece utilizing an 8-string Bass instead of Guitars. Needless to say, they're pretty unique, I think they're great. :)

I've got the digipak reissue of Crossing the Fiery Path from Black Lotus and it doesn't have the original cover. I'm guessing it is the same with Scarlet Evil Witching Black from the same label. I agree it sucks, the original covers are great imo.

CtFP is one of my favorite black metal albums.. I dont mind the album art on the reissue... but the new cover of scarlet evil witching black... what the fuck were they thinking?

Also, I'm pretty sure the original art for Crossing was stolen from a computer game or something, so they couldnt reuse it.

I see, that is sad. But I agree completely, that's the very reason I asked... The original covers are really great.

And yes, that new cover for 'Scarlet...' is just horrid.

Fortunately, I was just lucky enough to find the original pressing of 'Crossing...', bought it as soon as I saw it, so at least I've got that. :D

Anyhow, thanks guys, I think that settles it.. Now I just have to find 'Scarlet...' & the rest.. That may prove a more difficult task. I may just have to settle with the re-issues. :/

The music on Scarlet Evil...is so good that i couldnt care less what the cover is. Sure the new one is terrible, but the MUSIC must be in my collection. I'll buy the original if I can find it though.

I've got the digipak reissue of Crossing the Fiery Path from Black Lotus and it doesn't have the original cover. I'm guessing it is the same with Scarlet Evil Witching Black from the same label. I agree it sucks, the original covers are great imo.

Yeah, same here with CtFP digipack reissue. It's a great album and the artwork looks awful. The original cover's a lot better.